Journey announce new singer

Journey is now on the whatever list. Great band with a great past. But what are they on now singer number 4? What is the point. All of the singers are copies of Steve Perry, why not just get him back in the band for one giant world tour, make tons of money and make fans happy.

Augeri was good in the band and that tour with the cd was a good tour and they looked like they were going somewhere but now Journey is good for the memories. They need to take a look at Van Halen's strategy.

Considering how Perry's voice went to hell, I would not pay ten cents to see him sing alone or with Journey.

I also would like to know how anyone can get inside N. Schon's head and figure out what he thinks.

I got into Journey when they released Look Into the Future (my first non-8 track music purchase), and followed them through several changes, most notably bringing Steve Perry into the band. I cannot help but think that the band's manager had a lot more to do with these changes than Neil. Nevertheless, the evolution of this band from jazz fusion to stadium rockers means that Van Halen took a page from Journey's book, not the other way around.

Most people forget that Journey was a band long before Steve Perry joined. Journey is not Steve Perry's band, though for a time, that's what he thought. I saw the band twice with Steve Augeri, and I was very impressed. I would have liked to see them with Jeff Scott Soto, but I missed my chance. I don't like them any less because he's already out of the band. In fact, I'm curious as to how they'll sound with this new guy on board. I don't think he's a Steve Perry clone. I think Perry's an obvious influence on his style, but he has some rougher edges, which is cool. Overall, I wish more people would give bands a fair chance by checking out new material or seeing them live with a new member before passing judgement.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Im a huge huge Steve Perry fan. I think he has one of the most amazing voices Ive ever heard. I'm a fan of not only his work with Journey but his two solo albums Street Talk and the super underrated For the Love of Strange Medicine. I'll always be a fan of his work and I hope to see him perform live someday if he ever chooses to return. That said, I'm really looking forward to hearing this new singer Arnel in the band. From the audio of those clips, theres no doubt in my mind this guy has a superb voice that will capture people. I was bummed to see Soto go but now I almost forgot that after hearing this kid. The fact that he could sing something like Bryan Adams or Survivor Jamison era with the husky tone and then do Honestly from Stryper so clean and no pun intended honestly better than I've ever heard Michael Sweet do it just floored me. Hes a super vocalist. Another amazing fact I just realized is this kid is no kid, hes 40 years old which blew me away because he looks like hes 18 in these vids! He has an original band in the Philipines as well as this cover act he performed with and they performed usually about 5 nights a week and have been for years so hes quite vocally fit and can write original material on top of it all. Im a fan of Jeff Scott Soto as well, I think hes a great singer but from what Ive heard here, this guy has such a great vocal tone and the raw power to just get into a soaring tenor without losing any of that great feel in his voice that I think hes really gonna impress a lot of people. I was curious what people thought of him here more than whether or not its a smart move by Journey or not. Also, it wasnt my intention for the videos to come out as video boxes, I thought I was just putting the links since I just added links not code, so any problem with that is because of the way the forum is designed not mine. I personally think its cool its setup that way. Rock on!

& you could've just posted the links. Takes up alot of bandwidth for all those vids posted. It will prob'ly be deleted or edited by the mods here. Anyway,....:confused::guh:

Not a problem at all. It's not as if the vids autoplay; you have to click on them. And once you play one, the bandwidth is flowing from YouTube, not through Ultimate Metal.

Normally I would scoff at the idea of a band trying to find a clone to replace a former singer, but in the case of Journey I not only understand, but think it is a good thing. Steve Perry has/had one of the most amazing voices in the history of rock music. When I hear the phrase "golden throat" I think of him. The Journey fans want to hear the classics and there are very few people that would be able to do any justice with them. This Filipino guy is pretty darn good. The guitarist was God aweful on "Faithfully" but he isn't going to get hired by Schon. I would be interested in hearing new Journey with this guy singing. He looks fairly young and may bring something fresh to the band. I wish them well.

Bryant

Why don't they get if over with and get HUGO in the band. Does anyone know a better fit?

Do you know where I can find any Hugo videos doing Journey stuff? I think Glenn or someone posted some in past threads but they don't seem to be active any longer. Youtube brings up a bunch of polictical shit.:kickass:
Cancel that, just found it.