Best SX cover I ever seen.

actually here is a link to one of the best SX covers i've heard yet. its done by some guys over at the johnpetrucci forums. the singers voice is a lot lighter than allens, but alteast he is smooth.

Sea of Lies

Very well done on the instruments. I've seen/heard lots of people play the tapping guitar part (the keyboard unison), but rarely does anyone go on with the actual solo.

The singer does sound like Rod Tyler, but more in tune.

What's up with them not explicitly mentioning Symphony X in their influences, though? If they have a SX cover up on the page, they deserve more than being lumped into the "many others" category. :rolleyes:

Very well done on the instruments. I've seen/heard lots of people play the tapping guitar part (the keyboard unison), but rarely does anyone go on with the actual solo.

The singer does sound like Rod Tyler, but more in tune.

What's up with them not explicitly mentioning Symphony X in their influences, though? If they have a SX cover up on the page, they deserve more than being lumped into the "many others" category. :rolleyes:

EXACTLY:headbang:

Because they think they can be cool and unique by wearing a tie on stage.

I love people who think this way.

"I play music, I must look cool and unique."

The hilarious aspect is that 25,000 other bands look EXACTLY the same!

Looking "unique" in music has become so regimented that wearing a t-shirt and jeans onstage now seems different and unique.

if i were in a band that wanted me to wear something that i wouldn't wear on any given day, i would quit. seriously, i hate when bands try to create an visual image. its got nothing in the least to do with the music. And I know a lot of metal bands do it too, some do the whole white face dark eyes shit, some do the big hair, this and that. I just be myself, look good on my own terms.