Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Lethal
Death Angel
Megadeth
Machine Head
Exodus

Who have we got left to go this year: Slayer, Testament, Kreator?

Exit to Eternity will have their EP out soon too. :kickass:

Who have we got left to go this year: Slayer, Testament, Kreator?
Looking forward to all of these. Really curious to where Slayer is going now that Dave is back.

I'm not holding my breath for Slayer. Testament maybe. I predict Kreator will take the crown just because they're better now than they've ever been IMO. Remember the "Best Kreator Album" thread? I voted Violent Revolution. Bring on part 2. :kickass:

OK so I admit that I don't frequent Blabbermouth, but I had no idea about what was going on in the Exodus camp...got this from an NB e-mail:

Thrash legends EXODUS has been more than happy to express the recent departure of vocalist, Steve "Zetro" Souza, and now founding member, Gary Holt, is ready and willing to talk to everybody on the phone about what happened!

"Some people wonder what will happen now. Well this band will continue. As for tight unity! The show in Mexico was the most liberating moment in my career, not have to listen to him bitch and complain once! And you know what? The crowd did not care. But I am not quitting. This is MY band (the thing that he hated most), I write the songs and I've got some crushing new shit written already. So fuck that pussy.

"Live EXODUS!"

-Gary Holt

"fuck that pussy"...hahaha....well, that's one bridge burned to embers.

JayKeeley said:
Exit to Eternity will have their EP out soon too. :kickass:
Sounds like it should be out before the end of the year too. Fucking ACE! I was thinking earlier today how I can't think of a single decent new American band...it's criminal I keep forgetting about these guys.
Found this on their website. It won't tell you anything new, but I found it somewhat rousing, in the sense it reminds me how good I got it over here:
http://www.exittoeternity.com/ete/pages/InsightfulRant.htm

Man, that Gary Holt guy is full of hate! I'm glad I ain't that other dude. For some reason it reminded me of a wizard wheeze I had yesterday...pop onto the Avril Lavigne forum and share the old petition to have an AV forum at UM...I don't have the balls to sign up though :oops:

So who's come across HIRAX? They just got an extraordinary write up in the new Terrorizer with the release of their new album.

The old stuff....

NotDeadYetCD1.jpg

I wouldn't have even thought to listen to anything from Hirax because I'd never even heard of them! However, here's Terrorizer's synopsis:

Raging Violence (85) - "insidious riffs careening wildly out of control into blastbeat and fretboard mayhem, while Katon's vocals soared into infinity and beyond"

Hate, Fear, and Power (86) - "scaling new heights of manic speed...tightened up the riffing for a thrash attack of gargantuan proportions...the work of psychopathic genius"

I guess that's what got me interested.

i say move past Hirax ... just listen to the link above and imagine a few records full of those tunes.

Lethal has these guys beat hands down :D

I still plan on checking out Skyclad.

Everyone has forgotten about Obtest. I believe they have plans on releasing their 3rd full length. THis is one thrash band I love. Lots of (ungay) melody, super fast parts, tolerable vocals (like in most thrash) that ar neither shrieked or growled, just more of a thrash gruff vocal style. I really think a lot of you would like this band, Erik in particular, and probably JayK. THey have a sort of Pagan bent on ther music as well, and all lyrcs are sung in their native tongue.

I haven't forgotten but I haven't picked up any of their albums yet for some stupid reason. I think I even have a small sticker with their logo somewhere