yet another reason why i'm fucking amazing

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
so today at christmas breakfast my mom is talking about how much she loved the movie seabiscuit and how she had a picture from the movie given to her by the charity she works for and everything.

and then when we opened presents, she opened mine first only to find the special edition seabiscuit dvd waiting for her. she never asked for it, i just bought it for her out of my own initiative(and a frantic call to my sister).

and for her birthday i gave her a magnet with a picture of me from new orleans in it.

i am seriously like the world's best son or something.

Hey I gave my mom the special edition of Seabiscuit too! ::high five::

She gave me a huge cd rack that I brought to my room, which then proceeded to tip over and fall onto my bass amp (where the cable plugs into it), rendering the 0 db outlet functionless (so now I have to use the lame -15 dB outlet). Shitty amp, anyways, I'm almost positive the speaker is torn.

I got CD racks too. It's tempting to set one of them up in my fiancee's apartment because I spend 2-7 days a week there and as such tend to not listen to much music.

i got the following:

1. some financial assistance towards my next recording session
2. a Borders gift certificate which will be used towards the buffy season five dvd
3. a Lord of the Rings datebook for 2004
4. a Jeff Foxworthy "You Might Be A Redneck..." page-a-day calendar
5. a sweatshirt

I asked my mother for some tools as my collection was a little thin. She and my brother went totally overboard, I got a cordless drill, two sets of bits, a toolbox with a hand saw, a metal saw, a hammer, two sets of pliars, a level and a bunch of other shit. I can now build a house...

I also got a cigar handbook, and this:

A188_standard.jpg

Which I totally didn't ask for but is still pretty cool.

My mum got an instant meat thermometer, which she asked for, and a couple of Jamiroquai CDs that she liked when I made her listen to them a few months back...