Y'know when people say there are hidden tracks in albums ??

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
Y'know you get people who mix two tracks together and say its a hidden track in an album....

Don't they understand that most things with emphasis on texture and atmosphere, as opposed to strict beat/bar divisions.... don't they realise that most any of that kind of thing will go with any other track????

It's fucking dumb. WOOOAAAHH MAN!!! TOOL HAVE HIDDEN TRACKS!!

No they don't. Stop smoking weed. You tard.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a bad example of a "hidden track"... there is a danish group called "mew" who released a vinyl called "no more stories are told today i'm sorry they washed away... no more stories the world is grey i'm tired let's wash away."

and on the cover it displays 15 tracks (where the last one is called "nervous") ...but if you play the record all the through, only 14 songs are played.

however the first song on the record was engineered to be played forward and backward... so if you play the first song from side a backwards you get "nervous" (track 15)...

observe:

NEW TERRAIN:

NERVOUS (NEW TERRAIN PLAYED IN REVERSE):

This one is pretty lame but the one for matching viginte tres with 10000 days pt 1 and 2 is pretty strange.

When I listen to the first half, one of the tracks is ambient so big fucking deal.
The second half is odd though. The two songs are constructed in such a way that lyrics and drum patterns are matching and echoing each other and the guitar parts are very very cool when put together.

I'm on the fence. Maybe a happy accident but I kinda doubt it.

Skip to the last minute or so for some stuff that seems very intentional

Even if it was on purpose, you could do it to any song with any more than 1 distinct "layer" (for lack of a better word), just separate the tracks lol

Regarding that Tool song...

10,000 Days (Wings Part 2) is 11:13 long,
Wings for Marie (Part 1) is 6:11 long and
Viginte Tres is 5:02 long.

So when you add the times of Wings Part 1 and Viginte Tres together, you get 11:13. That's why people think it's a hidden track (because the times line up). In saying that though, I have yet to hear it pulled off properly and I will agree that it's nothing special when two songs in the same key and tempo just match - it's going to happen.

I'm not convinced by the 10,000 Days+Wings For Marie+Vignite Tres thing.

It doesn't sound even nearly purposeful harmonically or rhythmically to me.

That one clip in the Tool song of the guy talking about extraterestrial life and all that stuff is the same clip that is in one of The Faceless's songs........