Yo Kevin

No. That can be said about any band for any reason, especially ones with progressive elements.

Tell me what makes it metalcore to you, and why it keeps you from getting into them. Is there really nothing in any of their songs that's of any value to you? You're a musical guy... I'd imagine you would really be into some of the shit this band does.

Oh they're really good and I give them uber props; seriously probably one of the best bands around technically and creatively. It just sounds a bit forced to my ears, like "we're gonna do something really off-the-cuff in this part and then we're gonna do this, etc." It's just me, dude. I'm a social anomaly.

I can't get into them because of me, not necessarily them.

Just to throw my opinion in here... I like Mordecai and another song, but everything else I heard by them I wasn't a fan of. I also saw them with Children of Bodom and the Black Dahlia murder and believe me, the first two bands (BTBAM and TBM) fucking managed to almost ruin a concert to which I had all access backstage passes. Meh.

I think it's the metalcore vox and breakdowns that turn me off. Drummer slays, though. Also the Dream Theater-esque passages have a sort of tired feeling.

Just to throw my opinion in here... I like Mordecai and another song, but everything else I heard by them I wasn't a fan of. I also saw them with Children of Bodom and the Black Dahlia murder and believe me, the first two bands (BTBAM and TBM) fucking managed to almost ruin a concert to which I had all access backstage passes. Meh.
Just to make fun of your opinion... LOL @ COB NOT ruining any show ever.

l_0beaf7af74e08f33289305f8540e218b.jpg

:lol: Even if you don't like Bodom (I don't care much for them anymore) there's no denying that they are more talented (and as a result make better music) than BTBAM. I mean it's a matter of taste but I think it's obvious who are more talented if you look at it objectively.

CoB's problem is that it's too one-dimensional. Yngwie put to thrash metal, and that's it. I hear a CoB song and when it ends I can't remember anything I've just heard. It's vapid.

there's no denying that they are more talented (and as a result make better music) than BTBAM. I mean it's a matter of taste but I think it's obvious who are more talented if you look at it objectively.

Be specific and say that COB are better songwriters than BTBAM before some nit-picky faggots bring musicianship into this.

:lol: Even if you don't like Bodom (I don't care much for them anymore) there's no denying that they are more talented (and as a result make better music) than BTBAM. I mean it's a matter of taste but I think it's obvious who are more talented if you look at it objectively.
you are a total jackass

Completely disagree in every single aspect, but arguing about it would be pointless.

At least BTBAM don't mouth kiss each other :lol:

Completely disagree in every single aspect, but arguing about it would be pointless.

At least BTBAM don't mouth kiss each other :lol:

*Publicly, and you're right it is.

And Neal wtf :lol: I was totally fair in my statement. I mean I didn't say BTBAM didn't have any talent, they have some cool shit but IMO I think Bodom, at least in their olden days, really brought the goods musically (not vocally).