yo new song from my band!

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
Yooooooooooooo its been a long time since i uploaded any new shit of mine here, the time has come though!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15344936/Song 4 - Mastered mp3333.mp3

Its double tracked with my good ole shecter 7 string with a blackout, and my amp sims and shit is TSE X50 (newest version) some kind of engl impulse and a touch of EQing afterwards

the bass ia my pitch shifted guitar through various amp sims

The drums are just samples and cymbals from addictive drums

Its a rough mix and still needs a bit more editing, but it gives ye all a rough idea of the song :D

I'm waiting for my lead guitarist to re-record my crappy played lead guitars on the song, and for him to record his solos

Let me know what you think and tear it apart muthafuckas!

Sounds pretty cool man, the snare is pretty weak though, needs to cut through the mix more, it kinda disappears in the mix imo.

Sounds pretty cool man, the snare is pretty weak though, needs to cut through the mix more, it kinda disappears in the mix imo.

Yeah, I'm not happy with the drum tones at all, so they will be changed to make it sound good :D

Diggin' this.

Gonna totally rock when its a finished mix :D

Thanks man \m/ I'm hoping I'll have a finished mix/song in around 2 weeks, but things always take longer haha

0"45 : arch enemy guitar riff ripoff ? :) Also the guitars sound kinda out of tune during that same part (the lead guitar i mean)

The bass (instrument) pick attack sticks out a bit too much on some parts (around 0"29 for instance).

The guitar tone is cool, maybe a little too saturated/spongy (it lacks tightness/driness on some parts IMO).

Drums sound too much like random samples with absolutely no glue in between them, and cymbals sound a little weird, but you said the drums kinda sucked yourself :)

hey sonny boy, sounding pretty cool, like it! You better move your ass and actually "complete" that band of yours, you have some great chops but I still haven´t heard a single finished song with vocals and everything. Snare is definitely buried, almost inaudible to my ears, guitars sound huge which is probably what you´re going for

0"45 : arch enemy guitar riff ripoff ? :) Also the guitars sound kinda out of tune during that same part (the lead guitar i mean)

The bass (instrument) pick attack sticks out a bit too much on some parts (around 0"29 for instance).

The guitar tone is cool, maybe a little too saturated/spongy (it lacks tightness/driness on some parts IMO).

Drums sound too much like random samples with absolutely no glue in between them, and cymbals sound a little weird, but you said the drums kinda sucked yourself :)

The intonation on my guitar is a bit fucked up so the lead guitar parts sound like crap and out of tune, and i'm hopefully going to get my bassist to record his actual bass track sometime soon :D

hey sonny boy, sounding pretty cool, like it! You better move your ass and actually "complete" that band of yours, you have some great chops but I still haven´t heard a single finished song with vocals and everything. Snare is definitely buried, almost inaudible to my ears, guitars sound huge which is probably what you´re going for

I've been working on a tighter guitar sound, it less big sounding but i prefer it haha. The snare like i said sounds like shit, and i'll remix the song with new snare samples sometime soon.

I've had a lot of problems getting band members for my band, no one ever does their sections ore writes anything! I've got some cool dudes in the band now though, so yous lot should be able to hear a finished song soonish :D

Some cool riffs going on there man!
also guitars seem to be huge (laptopspeakers here).
keen to hear how it will sound with final drums
and PLEASE tune the guitar and redo that leadpart^^

@ Dan: that kind of band constelation has bright and dark sides tho ;)

Have band members who don't wanna write or get involved in the creative process?? I call that lucky and I envy you hahaha

Yeah its kind of a good thing, but it just means a lot more work for me haha, and I don't like that :lol:

Some cool riffs going on there man!
also guitars seem to be huge (laptopspeakers here).
keen to hear how it will sound with final drums
and PLEASE tune the guitar and redo that leadpart^^

@ Dan: that kind of band constelation has bright and dark sides tho ;)

Thanks dude, I'm working on the final drums at the moment, i'm sort of happy with the guitar tone so i might just keep them as they are :D and i'll re-do the lead guitar part soon as well haha