Yo, the new Nevemore is freaking OUT OF THIS WORLD!!11!!

A Reason To Sing

The tomato is a fruit
Nov 28, 2005
Bay Area, California U.S.
This Godless Endeavor is a kickass album. Probably Nevermore's best work in my opinion. All of the songs are amazing. Man, are you guys catching the lyrics to songs like 'Born' and 'A Future Uncertain'? Awesome lyrics. Great music. Something to head bang to all night.

My favorite song is 'A Future Uncertain'.

OMG socks, I highly recommend this album, fellow Opeth fans.

EDIT - Whoops sorry, this is pretty off topic. I apologize. I mean no harm. This is the only board I post it, so I keep on thinking I can talk about other bands here. You can lock this if you have to.

Yeah it's good music. Some of the riffs and ideas are bit too mundane for my liking, but Nevermore are really getting the whole straightforward metal formula down quite well.

I wish they'd delve back into more experimental stuff like their older albums. I preffer my albums to be a journey rather than a collection of riffs.

Moonlapse said:
Yeah it's good music. Some of the riffs and ideas are bit too mundane for my liking, but Nevermore are really getting the whole straightforward metal formula down quite well.

I wish they'd delve back into more experimental stuff like their older albums. I preffer my albums to be a journey rather than a collection of riffs.

I gave Jeff Loomis guitar lessons.
Well, on a serious note, the album slays from the first drum stroke of Born to the end of This Godless Endeavor. And Jeff Loomis is not the only reason I listen to this band, everyone in this band is uber talented and they are brilliant musicians.

KFK

Liquid Tension said:
I listen to POE and DNB much more then the last three....

DNB :worship:
The other albums are all great, but that is the one that stands out most to me.

i saw them this past fall and loved them, so i bought this cd and i don't know about it. theres parts of each song that i really like, but i don't particularly care for any whole songs. i think i would've been happier with enemies of reality.

A Reason To Sing said:
This Godless Endeavor is a kickass album. Probably Nevermore's best work in my opinion. All of the songs are amazing. Man, are you guys catching the lyrics to songs like 'Born' and 'A Future Uncertain'? Awesome lyrics. Great music. Something to head bang to all night.

My favorite song is 'A Future Uncertain'.

OMG socks, I highly recommend this album, fellow Opeth fans.

EDIT - Whoops sorry, this is pretty off topic. I apologize. I mean no harm. This is the only board I post it, so I keep on thinking I can talk about other bands here. You can lock this if you have to.

umm whatever you say bud.

TGE was tied with Nile's Annihiliation of the Wicked for my Album of 05 pick. Deadwing and GR weren't too far behind either.

Sell My Heart For Stones is my fav track on TGE, though Born is amazing too. I always loved Warrell's use of "the pigs" at least once an album.