You are not informed

Lets face it kids. The fault belongs to Bush, his administration, the Governor, the mayor, the people, Papa Smurf, the care bears, Optimus Prime, Jenna Jameson and Danny Spitz.. They caused it! Its there fault..

All joking aside the fault falls on all aspects and branches of our government. Do I hate Bush? uh yeah. Do i blame him? kind of but I don't think the fault is his alone.

I hate to say it but alot of the blame falls on the people of New Orleans themselves. I work at an outdoor waterfront bar in the summer and before the places opens, me and my fellow coworkers watch the weather channel together. We gauge how busy it's gonna be with the forecast ie humid or no, rain or shine. I remember 3 days before the hurricane, me and a freind saying to each other "New Orleans is gonna get destroyed". If I had been in the same circumstance, I'd grab my fender strat, dog and important documents and go one a little road trip for a couple of days. At least I'd have my money and my identity in a strange city to start all over.

On another note, call me heartless but I haven't given a dime. I don't know why the media has to lay a guilt trip on me. I'm not rich. 3% of my earnings ain't jack shit compared to 1% of a movie star or wall street broker.

By the way, there's famine and imminent death in many parts of Africa, the globe. Why isn't the media hounding the masses for donations for them?? Is it because they think their lives are worthless since they're not American?

AlexStomp said:
I hate to say it but alot of the blame falls on the people of New Orleans themselves. I work at an outdoor waterfront bar in the summer and before the places opens, me and my fellow coworkers watch the weather channel together. We gauge how busy it's gonna be with the forecast ie humid or no, rain or shine. I remember 3 days before the hurricane, me and a freind saying to each other "New Orleans is gonna get destroyed". If I had been in the same circumstance, I'd grab my fender strat, dog and important documents and go one a little road trip for a couple of days. At least I'd have my money and my identity in a strange city to start all over.

Good point, but most of the people left behind were poor and had no means of transportation, so how could they have taken a road trip? And now they have nothing to come back to, anyway, so what good could it have done them? For most of them, "starting all over" just isn't part of the equation; you need money and resources to do that. Come on, the "evacuation plan" was people driving out of Nola. Super, if you have a car or money to take a bus somewhere. But, most people don't think it will really happen to them. I really don't know what I'd do.

fah-q said:
Blaming Bush alone for the tragedy in N.O. is like Rosie O'donnel blaming spoons for her being fat. The fact of the matter is, we are not a Federalist state. What that means is, the federal gov't cannot just come into our states with the military and take over. They have to be invited by the governor. If you are going to lay blame, educate yourself first. "Even if you are a Bush support, think for a second...Oh I bet you have some answer if you are a Bush supporter, nevermind." I think you need to take a look in the mirror. It is your own narrow-mindedness that leaves you at the same final solution, this is George Bush's fault. That should be your personal motto "George's fault".
You fellas live in NYC. Look at how gracefull and honorable Juliani and Pataki responded to an attack that we had no prior warning of. Now take a moment and think about how Ray Nagin and Kathleen Blanco have totally shit their pants. They had prior notice and they haven't handled this 1/2 as well as the 9/11 tragedy was handled.
Instead of using B-grade celebrity to force your opinions on us, use it to keep giving us the great music we love. I wish you all the best in the world but please, don't hang all of this on one guy. Hang in on everyone. FEMA, Nagin, Blanco and Bush.

So I guess Iraq invited us in before we started our take over? Get with it man. Our government can and will do whatever it thinks it should do. Be it right or wrong. N.O was the first time in history a State of Emergency was predicted days ahead of time. They could have went in there without a peep from the Governer. Had they wanted to. I'm not saying it is GW's fault. I think it is a clusterfuck and a lot of people are to blame - mostly mother nature.

fah-q said:
2nd grade celebreties? Leaders of our country are far more important than drummers. Regardless of how much we love their music. Wake up. Who did fuck up 9/11? Enlighten us(was it royal "us"? - bgftblv) with your wisdom.
1. Ex-mayor with a far-from-spotless record and now a corporate fuck, and soon-to-be ex-governor and a corporate fuck are not the leaders of my country.
2. You are too deep in darkness to be enlightened by me. Call Patty Robertson.

Thrillho said:
So I guess Iraq invited us in before we started our take over? Get with it man. Our government can and will do whatever it thinks it should do. Be it right or wrong. N.O was the first time in history a State of Emergency was predicted days ahead of time. They could have went in there without a peep from the Governer. Had they wanted to. I'm not saying it is GW's fault. I think it is a clusterfuck and a lot of people are to blame - mostly mother nature.

First, Iraq didn't have to invite us.
U.N. Resolution 1441 granted the USA the ability to enforce the rules set by the security council, which included the use of military force. Just because Germany, France, and the UN didn't like it because it would stop their bribe money from flowing in, the ability for the US to go in was still "legal".

As far as New Orleans.
We are not a "Federalist State".
The "Posse Comitatus Act" prevents Bush from sending federal troops into any state without the direct request of the elected governor of that state.
The governor of Louisiana was/is completely incompetent.
The only thing that Bush is guilty of is not invoking the "Insurrection Act" due to her incompetence.
--------------------------
TITLE 10 > Subtitle A > PART I > CHAPTER 15 > § 333
******Interference with State and Federal law********
The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both, or by any other means, shall take such measures as he considers necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy, if it—
(1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or
(2) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.
In any situation covered by clause (1), the State shall be considered to have denied the equal protection of the laws secured by the Constitution.
---------------------

That being said, I can tell you that HAD President Bush invoked the Insurrection Act and taken all authority away from the state, he would have been labeled a "Fascist Dictator" taking away authority from a woman because he's a sexist. This is a fact because I've seen it all over the net already. Plenty of rumours abound saying that Bush was trying to take over Louisiana and declare Martial Law in his "thirst for power"....ridiculous.

The fact is that Bush was damned if he did send troops in because he would be labeled a "Sexist Fascist" , and he was damned if he didn't send them in because he would be labeled a "heartless racist."

Unfortunately, for some people, the fact that the sun sets in the evening is Bush's fault.

I do agree with you, though, when you say that it's mostly Mother Nature's fault. This is a terrible tragedy that we should learn valuable lessons from. We should stop the blame-game and help those in need.