You have to feel for the Iraqi children

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
So a survey came out today suggesting that 70% of young Iraqi children are suffering from war-related stress. So much so that you have these young 'uns wetting their beds, developing stutters, and just generally feeling like their life could end at any minute.

I guess I never always consider all the shit that happens beyond just people dying. It's the people losing limbs, getting blinded, the children suffering, kids being orphaned, all the depression, all the general loss of peace and control.

Or maybe it's just the parent in me feeling like this has all gone wrong, very wrong indeed. Tragic to be precise. Today, 157 people were killed in a car bomb - "worst violence since US security operation began".

:cry:

Yes, another thread on Iraq where some people are against, and some people are still pro. So what.

man, i'm glad i wasn't here for the initial threads about this stuff. i guess i was still in a 7th grade classroom with kids saying "maybe it was japan that bombed us. i hope it wasn't japan. if it was japan, we are in trouble. they have robots."

Today, 157 people were killed in a car bomb - "worst violence since US security operation began".

the news of this being pushed to second tier because of a gook loon and a shit talking radio host. brilliant media of the US.

it must be hell living in Iraq ...

Anyone pro-war in America that has never suffered the direct effects of a war on their own land should be placed on the frontlines for one day, and then spend the next day in a home where bombs are heard several times an hour.

Then, they should go vote. We might get a viable third party candidate at that point. :)

Yeah but 33 dead Americans are worth like 4 million dead sand my pals, or more if they come from the latest Target Country X.

In other words, I completely agree with you. It's disgusting.

Give me a fucking break America. Every single life lost regardless of how sensational is a fucking tragedy, and I don't burden myself with the thoughts of how many millions of people will be shot, stabbed, blown up, ran over, beheaded, and burned by the time I set my alarm tonight because to do so would just be incapacitating. Cover every single lost life or don't cover anything at, and most of all don't get on TV and dictate to me what a tragedy is and isn't based on the location and the perceived value of life that was lost.

fuck yes this man speaks the truth. i'm thoroughly convinced tv has done more than anything else to undermine democracy since its inception.

TheGreatDeceiver... well said.

When you also consider the number of those displaced within the country, those who have fled the country, those who have been seriously injured, the impact to the country's infrastructure, and of course the 655,000 Iraqis that have died, it's hard to see our invasion as anything short of devastating. Add into this equation, that as of last Friday, at least 3,297 members of the U.S. military have also died. When you consider that the administration's justification for our invasion changes daily, it's hard not to be appalled.

Zod

TV undermines thought.
Democracy requires thought to function properly.
Therefore, TV undermines democracy.

I can dig it.

The thing that gets me is that the children suffer the most. They've lost brothers, sisters, parents.....gah, the trauma for the kids is unbearable. I'm not even sure how an adult could cope with such turmoil and distress, let alone a 5 year old.

When the war is over, can we give these kids homes? Can we get orphans a foster care family? How about some counselling?

I mean, when the war is over, it's not really over is it.

And the sad part is, when it is over for the west (no longer an interest in the media, and our troops come home), it'll probably because we cut and run, and abandoned these kids.

FUCK. Is there a compromise? Can we get out of this mess but still help re-build what we tore apart? Will they even want our help?

i don't even know what we should do at this point, but i don't think maintaining our occupational forces is a good idea in terms of trying to de-escalate the violence

I'm at a complete loss.

I don't even think Biden's plan has much hope to be perfectly honest, and it's probably the best thing out there. But Iraq is no Europe. This shit goes back to the Ottoman Empire.

His name was Otto, and he liked to get Blotto'd.

^^ wasn't mormagil trying to be funny? I thought he was...

Hmmm, I feel a lot more sorrow when I hear of a Norwegian child dead under tragic circumstances than. for example, I did after 9/11 or the Tsunami or this. I cant' say I feel particularly guilty over that, either. That's not to say that I'm pro-makeabombcrateroutofIraq or anything, but of course I'm going to feel a certain detachment over something that is happening on the other side of the world that has absolutely nothing to do with me or mine.

The sarcasm is completely obvious in Mormangil's post...or that's what i want to think.
The whole topic discussion seems pretentious to me for reasons that i have stated numerous times in the threads about the war in Iraq. It's good that some people finally think and realize some things that most of the world took for granted all these years, but it's so late, that makes it (almost) pointless. You needed surveys and statistics to think some of the most simple facts that should come directly to your mind when thinking of war?
To be honest, when i first read the thread title i thought that this too is sarcastic.