you know what i miss....

SMP840

Im Thirsty
May 2, 2005
Chicago
I really miss hearing Only played live. I dont mean to bring up old topics, but atleast with Bush we had the best of both worlds. I just miss hearing one of my favorite bands of all time playing half of their music. Now i wouldnt say i am a reunion basher, i went and saw them with joey when they first did the whole thing. But man, i had way more fun the night MOMD was recorded. I just dont know how a band can neglect so much good music.

jdelpi said:
If they ever get back with Bush, they should do all of SOWN live.

that would actually be quite awesome. I was 12 years old when that came out, and since i loved anthrax as a kid thanks to my older brother, it took awhile to grow on me a bit. By the time stomp came out, i was sold. no matter what some people say, i thought that the direction they went showed growth, maturity, and a new vision. Not only do i miss Only, i never got to hear caddilac rock box ever.....but i did hear them do fucking hostile and walk, that was sweet.

most posts i made in one day ever....i am drunk and its my bday, sorry for buggin everyone:kickass: :kickass:

jdelpi said:
If they ever get back with Bush, they should do all of SOWN live.

Damn right. For me, Only is the best song ever written, and it just happens to be on the best damn album ever written too.

Ah, I miss seeing Bush jump off of the speakers at the Barrowlands or the Garage in Glasgow.

Though to be honest, you do still get to see a fair bit of bush during the club nights at the Garage ;)

SMP840 said:
that would actually be quite awesome. I was 12 years old when that came out, and since i loved anthrax as a kid thanks to my older brother, it took awhile to grow on me a bit. By the time stomp came out, i was sold. no matter what some people say, i thought that the direction they went showed growth, maturity, and a new vision. Not only do i miss Only, i never got to hear caddilac rock box ever.....but i did hear them do fucking hostile and walk, that was sweet.

most posts i made in one day ever....i am drunk and its my bday, sorry for buggin everyone:kickass: :kickass:

You saw them play "Walk"?

It's one of the best Bush era songs, but I wouldn't mind if they never played it again live. I love the older songs much better. I actually also liked "room for one more" and "potters field" a lot too on that disc.

spacebeer said:
It's one of the best Bush era songs, but I wouldn't mind if they never played it again live. I love the older songs much better. I actually also liked "room for one more" and "potters field" a lot too on that disc.
"Black Lodge" was my favorite from that album.

walking dead 666 said:
If they ever did something like that I’d have a hard on for weeks! I vote for all of Vol 8 live. One of my fav of all time. It's Anthrax's Powerage!

The problem with that is that people don't know that album very well. People do know all (or almost all) of SOWN. For example, when they started playing "1000 Points of Hate" in 2003 for the first time, people went apeshit. I don't think the same thing would happen if they played "Harm's Way" or "Alpha Male" even though I like those songs.

You have to keep that in mind everytime you ask for something rare live. They're not going to do it (or do it very frequently) if only 30 people know the song.

jdelpi said:
The problem with that is that people don't know that album very well. People do know all (or almost all) of SOWN. For example, when they started playing "1000 Points of Hate" in 2003 for the first time, people went apeshit. I don't think the same thing would happen if they played "Harm's Way" or "Alpha Male" even though I like those songs.

You have to keep that in mind everytime you ask for something rare live. They're not going to do it (or do it very frequently) if only 30 people know the song.
I can agree with that. But I love when a band throws in something new or never plaid before.