You Lucky Europeans! RE:CM & SY-X

Heh, it seems like Into Eternity plays just about every other month here. Not a bad band, and Stu is fun to watch live, but i could do without seeing them ever again to be honest.

Andy Sneap ought to be slapped for the drum tone he used on their last disc. It wasn't exactly brilliant otherwise, but that tone killed it.

Swabs mate, those are just the shows with CM. They're playing the Astoria with Epica on the 6th of March. Fuck Epica. I'm heading to one of the mainland europe shows instead.

Shit! That's two days before the CoB show :lol: (yes I'm going to that, even though they'll be playing shit from their new albums and not playing any of the decent stuff from olden days, but hey Moonsorrow are supporting so it's all good)

Heh, it seems like Into Eternity plays just about every other month here. Not a bad band, and Stu is fun to watch live, but i could do without seeing them ever again to be honest.

Heh, yeah, but you live like 2 mins from Canada :p

I was actually very impressed with the new IE album. After Buried in Oblivion I couldn't imagine a new good IE album that wasn't just a duplicate of either BiO or even DoD. In the end, even after all my doubts, they were able to prove me wrong. That's just me I guess...

Oh that doesn't have anything to do with it, i assure you. I'm in a better place to see Omega Crom if they ever play, that's true, but into eternity is simply on like... eeeevery tour. They're the goatwhore of prog-ish stuff.

Various fellow Aussies commence jealousy sequence

sx-ticket.jpg

I nearly cried when I heard this news.

Yeah we're lucky... And besides, the third band to join CM et SyX on tour is Dreamscape... Another good choice IMO :)

Actually, funny story. I got tired of most death/black metal. I still enjoy some of the more melodic bands or doom/death (swallow the sun), but overall i got tired of a lot of it. Started to just sound the same, so I've been listening to mostly power/true metal. Now my playlist pretty much consists of Dio, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Helstar, Paragon, Blitzkreig, Exciter, Grave Digger, Iron Savior, and so on and so forth.

Still can't get into prog much :erk:

Actually, funny story. I got tired of most death/black metal. I still enjoy some of the more melodic bands or doom/death (swallow the sun), but overall i got tired of a lot of it. Started to just sound the same, so I've been listening to mostly power/true metal. Now my playlist pretty much consists of Dio, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Helstar, Paragon, Blitzkreig, Exciter, Grave Digger, Iron Savior, and so on and so forth.

Still can't get into prog much :erk:

Nice change in musical scenery!
:kickass:

Yeah, it's very nice to have a bit of a change. Like i said, i still enjoy some black/death metal and can appreciate it for what it is, but it's back to the basics. There's some great albums i never familiarized myself with enough (Rainbow's "Rising", the early Helloween records, most of Priest and Maiden's catalogue since i only know the 'hits'...)

There's some awesome stuff out there.

Yeah, it's very nice to have a bit of a change. Like i said, i still enjoy some black/death metal and can appreciate it for what it is, but it's back to the basics. There's some great albums i never familiarized myself with enough (Rainbow's "Rising", the early Helloween records, most of Priest and Maiden's catalogue since i only know the 'hits'...)

There's some awesome stuff out there.

Yes! Dude Rainbow is great! I like it far better than Dio's solo stuff.