your advice please, i want to move to pro tools.

dont get me started on pt...... you guys all know why light editions of software suck and digidesign interfaces are inferior and overpriced....lol i like the idea of having as few 3rd party apps on my mac so logic studio 8 all the way baby exs24 rules!!!!

ok so maybe im not going to yet. i just found out that in order for beat detective to work on LE (or M powered) on multiple tracks (aka drums) you need to upgrade to some like bundle that is $500 which is whack because it defeats the purpose. now you are talking about a $700 investment which is a lot for just drum editing. I may get it later in the future but I think i'll hold for now because it's a waste of money considering i'd rather manually cut up hits in logic as hard as it as. I'd rather spend $700 on something else anyway. That's why digi is so whack they have such a choke-hold you need a zillion different add ons and this and that in order to have a functional program. There is no doubt that with a big budget PT HD systems kick ass thus they exist in PRO PRO studios but it seems to me there are too many "you need to buy this" and "you need to buy that" that if there is any sort of budget consideration you are better off with any other DAW.

Does the elastic audio in 7.3 cost extra money?

Does the elastic audio in 7.3 cost extra money?

im not sure. i know that a lot of the plug ins and features of LE are really like bullshit versions unless you buy more upgrades to make it more like the real PT. i'm not sure which ones though.

i might just get L8 and see what's the deal. i heard it has something close to beat detective.

im not sure. i know that a lot of the plug ins and features of LE are really like bullshit versions unless you buy more upgrades to make it more like the real PT. i'm not sure which ones though.

i might just get L8 and see what's the deal. i heard it has something close to beat detective.

Well the Elastic Audio is supposed to be the "hip new thing" in 7.3. Might want to check that out, too.

Elastic Audio is new in 7.4 not 7.3, beat detective is more effective on drums however in particular "collection mode" if you have bought the Music Production Toolkit add-on...

Cheers

You can do beat detective on multiple tracks (without the toolkit) if you know what your doing. It would still be faster than manually doing it.
You don't want to do it yourself? Send it to me, I'm $60 an hour.

PT 7.4 is a $49 upgrade from 7.3, or $75 upgrade from any other version.
If you buy M-Powered you will be getting the 7.3 box, with a 7.4 update disc, or download included.

To the OP - Suggest you download, read and digest the Pro Tools manual from digidesign - 700 pages plus - but very detailed and well explained - personally I wouldn't buy anything without going over the manual...

I really am interested to know if Digidesign is going to do Pro Tools 7.5 next or just jump to 8. What kinds of new features are they going to add? I also agree that Pro Tools LE lacks. I would rather pay a little more money for the software if it was quality. Ffor everything you get with Logic 8, it is a complete steal and I am surprised that no other company has tried to match that.

well from what i've heard, pro-tools are doing something with Radar. so you'll have the Radar machine, hardware, control pad etc but with the protools screen and editing functions i believe.

will probs cost around £25,000 - £30,000

ok so maybe im not going to yet. i just found out that in order for beat detective to work on LE (or M powered) on multiple tracks (aka drums) you need to upgrade to some like bundle that is $500 which is whack because it defeats the purpose. now you are talking about a $700 investment which is a lot for just drum editing. I may get it later in the future but I think i'll hold for now because it's a waste of money considering i'd rather manually cut up hits in logic as hard as it as. I'd rather spend $700 on something else anyway. That's why digi is so whack they have such a choke-hold you need a zillion different add ons and this and that in order to have a functional program. There is no doubt that with a big budget PT HD systems kick ass thus they exist in PRO PRO studios but it seems to me there are too many "you need to buy this" and "you need to buy that" that if there is any sort of budget consideration you are better off with any other DAW.

I used beat detective on multiple tracks without the upgrade for quite some time. Like Audiogeek said it works fine if you know what your doing. Then i decided to buy the upgrade anyway because i wanted the plugins that came with it and i wanted 48 tracks. Ive never even used 32 but i just want to be safe. Dude go look at one good plugin they cost 500.00 sometimes even more if you want to get into that. To say digidesign is ripping you and they got you in a choke hold is just wrong. I guess every plugin over 500.00 is just bullshit then. Tl space is i think 995.00 for tdm users. That comes with the toolkit in Le so i guess again its a stupid buy.

I hear the same stupid arguments about protools and honestly it gets old. People they make a great product and yes it cost money and it ain't for everyone. I guess i need to just join the game and bash every other program for there flaws. Yes each company has there flaws no one is perfect people!

protools is the ipod of music daw's. it's all marketing. there are lots of other things i'd rather use.

Yeah, marketing and the whole "just about everyone else who matters uses it", who needs that shit?

Personal preferences aside, you have a lot of options with PT that you don't have everywhere else... plugins, special features, that little thing about being able to collaborate with the vast majority of major studios that also use the same software... I use Reaper and don't feel any special need to switch since I'm not expecting to make money off this stuff, but saying "It's all marketing" is just stupid.

(Do you look at threads before you respond? I've seen quite a few of these missteps of yours, you have this odd tendency to scream out "I'M WRONG! FIX ME!" from what I can tell...)

Jeff

well from what i've heard, pro-tools are doing something with Radar. so you'll have the Radar machine, hardware, control pad etc but with the protools screen and editing functions i believe.

will probs cost around £25,000 - £30,000

doubt that'll be happening.
thats totally contrary to what IZ do..
They HAVE however released their converters seperatly.... niiiiiiiiice