Your all Time Fav. Riff

IntoThePiT

Dec 31, 2002
So,California
Visit site
Name one of your all time Favorite Riff's here...

I would have to say one of my favorite riffs Ever would be the outro for Pantera's 'Floods', one of the most Beautiful things I have ever heard.

Of corse it dosent Have to be a riff tho, bass line, favorite lyric, beat ect...

Omg floods so beautiful \m/

Bass line - Symphony X - "Sea of Lies"
Keyboard part - Dream Theater - "Fatal Tragedy"
Vocal - Iced Earth - "Winter Nights"
Riff - Iced Earth - "Angels Holocaust"

I dunno... I find all of these here amazing... the "shrink and grow" section in "Fatal Tragedy" is just so dark, and amazing... Matt Barlow's vocals are just so gruff and badass in all of the songs he sings, and Jon Shcaffer does excellent riffs in "Angels Holocaust." However, whenever I absentmindedly pick up a bass, I always end up playing Tom Miller's badass intro line from "Sea of Lies."

I love the riff in Accolade II, and I love the shredfest riff in Sonata Arctica's Picturing the Past, I love the cool vocal part in the middle of Opeth's The Drapery Falls, and I love the piano solo in Awakenings. There's a song on V that has a cool double bass drum pattern but I forget which song it is...

Ooooh... The end of dali's dilemma - manifesto for futurisms' 7th track I think, where the keyboard and bass are going at it and it sounds real dark and proggy. VERY cool.

Demonspell said:
A lot of Nevermore riffs could qualify here, among them Seven Tongues Of God, This Sacrament, and Dead Heart In A Dead World...

Yes!!!!!!

My favorites from Loomis would be:

Fault of the Flesh
Narcosynthesis

Inferno is really "grovvy". Nevermores Narcrosynthisis (did i spell it right) is just scarey. Alot of meshuggah's stuff is there aswell. I just got Crypstopsy's And then you'll beg album. the song Voice of Unreason is just crazy.

SilentRealm said:
i like the riffs in old 'tallicas "Call Of Ktulu"

Speakng of old tallica hmm this is more of a Complete Section i love.

On kill em all's Phantom Lord on the bridge riff @ 2:30 in the song up until 3:00 mins Omfg I love it !!@T#G%THW$HJUKW So mellow so good =] yum. \m/

All time fav > Johhny Winter "Be Careful With a Fool"
Also, Kansas "Borne on Wings of Steel",
Pink Floyd "Comfortably Numb",
and...loads of Romeo's riffs, of course.
many others, too many to mention :Spin: