Your best gig moments

Leeds Rios with Evile? That gig was awesome.

I remember that, that gig was well funny. Asmodia worked their way onto the bill for the one show, being a local band and all, and Mark was so fucking psyched about playing with Exodus. Then the didn't play War Is My Shepheard, his favourite song, then later we found out they didn't play it because they had to shorten their set to accomodate for the 4 band bill :lol:

I've had some great moments at gigs. There was the time John Bush shook my hand from the stage at the Astoria while playing Bring The Noise, then there was watching Slayer play 4 days later at the same venue and playing the whole Reign In Blood album. There's the picks I've caught from Slayer, Metallica, Maiden, Anthrax and others, while my mate Random is a way bigger fan of all those bands but doesn't seem to be able to get a single one :lol: Watching Metallica play with Dave Lombardo and Joey Jordison at Download (Incidentally that was the time I got James' pick, a great story in itself). Watching 4 guys catch the same drumstick thrown by Joey Jordison at Download and trying to work out who would get it. Travelling to see Anthrax in Wolverhampton and seeing 4 DMC Delorians in convoy (not strictly a gig moment, but awesome enough to count!). The first time I saw maiden, because I had no idea it was possible for a band to be that fucking awesome on stage! Getting free aftershow passes to a Machine Head gig in Manchester. Hanging out with Apocalyptica and Dave Brockie after the Metal Hammer Awards last year. Seeing Anthrax at the Oxford Zodiac, because it's a tiny venue for a band like that and everyone there was a mega Anthrax fan. Seeing Testament this year at the same venue. Seeing Strapping Young Lad supporting Arch Enemy in Manchester after unintentionally missing Throwdown (not that I minded) and realising that rather than being the shitty emo band that their name led me to believe, they are actually fucking awesome!

And that's just a few metal gigs.

I remember that, that gig was well funny. Asmodia worked their way onto the bill for the one show, being a local band and all, and Mark was so fucking psyched about playing with Exodus. Then the didn't play War Is My Shepheard, his favourite song, then later we found out they didn't play it because they had to shorten their set to accomodate for the 4 band bill :lol:

I've had some great moments at gigs. There was the time John Bush shook my hand from the stage at the Astoria while playing Bring The Noise, then there was watching Slayer play 4 days later at the same venue and playing the whole Reign In Blood album. There's the picks I've caught from Slayer, Metallica, Maiden, Anthrax and others, while my mate Random is a way bigger fan of all those bands but doesn't seem to be able to get a single one :lol: Watching Metallica play with Dave Lombardo and Joey Jordison at Download (Incidentally that was the time I got James' pick, a great story in itself). Watching 4 guys catch the same drumstick thrown by Joey Jordison at Download and trying to work out who would get it. Travelling to see Anthrax in Wolverhampton and seeing 4 DMC Delorians in convoy (not strictly a gig moment, but awesome enough to count!). The first time I saw maiden, because I had no idea it was possible for a band to be that fucking awesome on stage! Getting free aftershow passes to a Machine Head gig in Manchester. Hanging out with Apocalyptica and Dave Brockie after the Metal Hammer Awards last year. Seeing Anthrax at the Oxford Zodiac, because it's a tiny venue for a band like that and everyone there was a mega Anthrax fan. Seeing Testament this year at the same venue. Seeing Strapping Young Lad supporting Arch Enemy in Manchester after unintentionally missing Throwdown (not that I minded) and realising that rather than being the shitty emo band that their name led me to believe, they are actually fucking awesome!

And that's just a few metal gigs.
i was at download 2004 as well. historical moment that

I thought it was 2005? It would still have been cool for them to have all the drummers they planned to have, but to be fair Joey Jordison does kick some ass. Even if he is an ugly little chap with a fivehead.

Joey is cute cause he's so smouty.

One of my best gig moments, was at Sanctity / Evile in 07, when Matt asked for a 'triangle pit' (the fool :lol:) in the Barfly, obviously the big triangle pit opened up and this guy got fucked into a pillar headfirst hahaha, out cold, got taken out, I believe the medics checked him out and he was back in later as I saw a bandaged man. The worst part was that I heard his head smack off the pillar, all the way from the little box stuck on the side of the stage where I was, ew.

Joey is cute cause he's so smouty.

One of my best gig moments, was at Sanctity / Evile in 07, when Matt asked for a 'triangle pit' (the fool :lol:) in the Barfly, obviously the big triangle pit opened up and this guy got fucked into a pillar headfirst hahaha, out cold, got taken out, I believe the medics checked him out and he was back in later as I saw a bandaged man. The worst part was that I heard his head smack off the pillar, all the way from the little box stuck on the side of the stage where I was, ew.

ahaha what an idiot, bet it hurt like hell
and a triangle pit is something id love to see

Haha it wasn't his fault, he got pushed and slipped, fell into it headfirst like.
The triangle pit was a sight to behold, maybe the pillar incident is why they don't do it anymore! :lol:
God I want to see Evile play now now now :(

Deathfest, watching Akercocke from the front and shouting along to Leviathan. :kickass:

image026k.jpg

the poor sod then
well im sure if people were smarted and didnt form a triangle pit around a pillar wud b ok

They were actually at the side of the pillar and he fell out of the pit :erk: :lol:

Another one of my greatest moments, at Sanctity in the Barfly, just after Jeremy failed to get me and my cousin to flash our tits, I had Jared singing in my face as I screamed the lyrics back at him. He also told people that he couldn't wear his kilt this time because too many girls saw his penis the last time and Zeff pointed at us :oops::devil:

or the heartstopping moment at Glasgow SECC when the light show kicked in during That Was Just Your Life, I wasn't expecting it at all and I just went fucking mental, proper screaming my head off :lol: