Your Best Guitar Tone Thread

I agree with Marcus on both accounts......you have to share both which cab that is, and those fucking samples! The toms sound pretty fucking nice as well!

I'm pretty sure those samples are from the devildriver's rock band multitracks.

Damn, I was gonna say they sounded INCREDIBLY like "The Last Kind Words" - this is the first I've heard of people successfully using samples nabbed from those, hmm...now I should see if I can get my mitts on some...

...this is the first I've heard of people successfully using samples nabbed from those, hmm...now I should see if I can get my mitts on some...

I think it's that all the respectable people know better than to actually use them, haha... If I were Andy, I would try to avoid sending raw drum files out to the programmers of Rock Band after all the leakage issues! So long as no one is actually mixing bands with those samples and taking credit for the sounds, I guess I'll keep my mouth shut. Actually, even if they were giving credit, I would still be irritated. Why should anyone buy Andy get to mix with those sounds?

(Sorry GubbKuk, I know it was just a little cover piece, so I'm not really directing this flaming towards you...)

I think it's that all the respectable people know better than to actually use them, haha... If I were Andy, I would try to avoid sending raw drum files out to the programmers of Rock Band after all the leakage issues! So long as no one is actually mixing bands with those samples and taking credit for the sounds, I guess I'll keep my mouth shut. Actually, even if they were giving credit, I would still be irritated. Why should anyone buy Andy get to mix with those sounds?

(Sorry GubbKuk, I know it was just a little cover piece, so I'm not really directing this flaming towards you...)

I agree with you! (even tho its good in another way, cause I´ve learned soo much from those)
Just did the short clip to try guitartones. But would never ever use em in a serious purpose... (hope that nobody else will too)

Wow dude, that's terrifying! No bass in there I assume, so I really can't suggest anything, nice work! I love your sig ("secret cab user") :lol: I'm gonna guess...BEHRINGER! :D

Haha no way!
Its a line6 cab :kickass:

And Gubbkuk, can you give us some information on how you recorded your clips and what post-processing you did to the guitars! :)

Crunch: Volume 9:30 hair 1:30 body 11 bass 9:30 volume 10 gain 10:30
loose
send on 10 ( gotta run something through it) return at 3

duncan design pickups haha and a mesa 4x12 FB OVRSIZED cab

Shit. Almost forgot this one!

m_f8aac64ef480480c9ec252f0aab49bc5.jpg

You can check out a couple of myspace mixes, but I highly recommend the DVD! It'll be on sale Jan 27th.

FWIW, it was pretty goddamn easy to get a great tone from these guys. Fucking amazing technique!