*Your Favorite Anthrax singer*

LiveWire77

Jul 28, 2008
Which frontman comes to mind when you hear the name 'Anthrax' ? + Give a reason.

(sorry if theres already a thread like this, Im new!)

For me it would have to be the one and only Joey Belladona. :worship: I just love his style of vocals (and think they best suite the band) and I think he has the best stage presence. Also, how many amazing memorable songs has he recorded with the band? ALOT! :headbang:

Frank Bello on "Pieces"
Scott Ian on "Protest And Survive"
Bush on SOWN

the rest of Anthrax's vocals weren't that impressive

but

that topic is getting old!

... Even though the John Bush Era is the time I got into Anthrax

I give the hats off to Joey. He gives Anthrax that "Yeah I'm cool and laid back but I'll jam a razor in your thumb" kinda feel.

For Some reason nowadays I'm starting to crave the old school, so for me the more classic the better Minus Neil Turbin (lol J/K Neil is cool but not as good as joey)

But my respect goes out to John Bush, when I really started getting into Anthrax, Songs like Room For One More, Fueled, and What doesn't die were song that made me wanna ram my head through the wall and fuck with my next door neighbors!

And Of Course there's the 'Thrax's current Vocalist, He sounds like Far Beyond Driven-Era Phil Anselmo risen from the dead, which is cool and all but I really hope it doesn't change Anthrax's Direction in Music in a bad way.

I love EVERYTHING this band has brought to the table over the years. I got into Anthrax around 86/87 and Joey was the man. Then came Bush. He took them to a whole new level. He is with out a doubt the best singer this band has ever had. IMO one of the best metal voices of all time. You fucking rule JB!

So far I'm liking the Dan Nelson Youtube clips. Can't wait for the new record and US tour.

Of course...JOEY BELLADONNA... is a classic!!!

Neil Turbin is a Great Singer...Jhon Bush is a BRUTAL singer!!!

but for Anthrax Belladonna is the only one... Im the Law, Caugh in a Mosh, Skeleton in the Closed, Keep in the Family, Medusa, Armed & Dangerous, AIR, etc, etc, etc... ALL BELLADONNA CLASICS!!!

John Bush is the fucking man, and always will be. No disrespect to anyone else, but John simply has the coolest voice in metal, and is a nice, down to earth no-bullshit type of guy as well.
I can't rate Dan Nelson, I haven't heard anything but some bad bootlegs. But John is and always will be Anthrax's singer, to me.

As much as I rate joey the best, I think Neils vocals on 'Metal Thrashing Mad' are really good. However, when listening to other songs produced by the band with neil singing; they just sound way fucking better with joey singing,
(Like 'Deathrider') :headbang:

As much as I rate joey the best, I think Neils vocals on 'Metal Thrashing Mad' are really good. However, when listening to other songs produced by the band with neil singing; they just sound way fucking better with joey singing,
(Like 'Deathrider') :headbang:

exactly!
i agree, thats the only song i like turbin on better.
i love soldiers of metal, never heard that with joey though