your favorite band?

If I had to chose only one, it would be Anathema indeed. If i had a second option it would be Life of Agony... AND THEN A FUCKING BUNCH OF OTHER GREAT BANDS !

Thinking of it I think Antimatter would rank third, U2 fourth and the Machine Head/Slayer/Pantera/Sepultura combo fifth.
But I could name so many bands ... Let's stop it ...

Whoa... a lot of metal fans here.

My vote goes to The Church, the greatest guitar rock band in the world according to the New York Times (and me, coincidentally enough). Ambient neo-psychedelia... think The Byrds with louder guitars and a healthy dose of dark jazz.

Anathema, Megadeth and old Metallica on 1st place and...: Acid Drinkers, Aion, Alec Empire, Alice Cooper, Amorphis, Annihilator, Anorexia Nervosa, Antimatter, Arcana, Armia, Artrosis, Asgaard, Ataraxia, Autumn Blaze, Autumn Tears, and many, many more...

PaintItBlack said:
Anathema, Megadeth and old Metallica on 1st place and...: Acid Drinkers, Aion, Alec Empire, Alice Cooper, Amorphis, Annihilator, Anorexia Nervosa, Antimatter, Arcana, Armia, Artrosis, Asgaard, Ataraxia, Autumn Blaze, Autumn Tears, and many, many more...
did you copied/pasted a list from somewhere ..cause all these are in alphabetical order.