Your Favorite Doom Band?

SunlapseVertigo said:
Sun That Never Sets is doom, i don't care what you say.

Neurosis are kind of hard to pin down. If I had to pick anything, it would probably be sludge.

A new doom band that's caught my attention is Orodruin. Sabbath worship of the highest sort.

My Dying Bride- because they just have transcended the genre- the emotion- the passion, beautiful arrangements- and even a little experimentation on 37% Complete.

I also love Crowbar equally as well- more of a sludge band- but they are quite doomy- and their last album was perfect. Plus they a re very very popular in my neck of the woods- half the bands around me play crowbar inspired metal.

A Sun That Never Sets is post hardcore. If you would say that it was doom, it would be one album out of an enormous back catalogue, which was mostly made up of hardcore and industrial-tinged hardcore. They are not a doom band by any means.

I never said they were a true doom band at all, but I think they do have plenty of doom influences in songs such as "From the Hill" and "Watchfire", which I do consider doom metal. Genres can be pretty wide, even if I don't think that their other albums are doom albums, I still consider STNS a doom album. Not true doom, but at least doom in my opinion.

As for post-hardcore.... well, how would you define post hardcore?