Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Helloween

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Dio

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
I voted for Iron Maiden. They are my favorite band ever and if it weren't for them I wouldn't be into metal. Helloween, Dio, and Megadeth aren't far behind.

Windom Pearl said:
It was a bit of a mistake to include Opeth, since if anyone votes any other band, it must be a joke... ;)

Not a joke at all...I'll listen to plenty of simpler bands outside of Opeth any day. Technicality has never been Opeth's stronghold anyway..but I do however find myself personally taking their albums out about half way through at the times that I do listen to them.

Thespawned said:
come on, maiden were the founders, the main guys, the revolutarinaries along with judas priest, black sabbath and motorhead.

do you think music would be the same without them, cause not!!

Yes, they were indeed the revolutarinaries, and they are one of the reasons why there exists so much good music nowdays,but... It's old music, and by my opinion,to simple,to monogam. I prefer Guns'N Roses, Aerosmith and so on when it comes to old music. I also listen to Iron Maiden, black Sabbath and Motorhead, but not with the same "exitement" as when I listen to Opeth or In Flames =).

But what you must not missunderstand,is my respect for these groups. Thanks to these groups music that I like exists today. They are truely the founders of some realy good quality music. - Respect -

I also have kinda the same situation with "Rage Against The Mashine". I realy adore some of their songs, but what I realy love(d) about them is the lyrics and their messanges to the society. - Respect -

I saw a guy with a shirt that read "Your favorite band sucks". I thought to myself, "that's a good way to get your ass kicked. How dare you say that about my favorite band!"

I didn't vote since my favorite band wasn't listed. I guess your favorite Your Favorite Band poll sucks.