Your favorite bands?

i haven't heard either. i'll keep them in mind.

i saw TFD play in NYC last year-ish and they were great. wait, it was the unholy grave tour so that was 2 years ago. their presence was total freak-ville and i think that's how it should be. i'm not aware of a second demo—the only one i have is the one with 'necro-anarchist' on it, and then a split 7" with a UK band (vehemence)

helm, i've seen them, and it's pretty close, i think; khanate live is awesome because you can watch the drummer and actually follow the erratic flow of the songs much more easily than on record.

TFD had two version of the same demo I think with a few different songs. I'll have to check out if I still have them both. If I do I'll PM you.

Venomous Concept is with the Napalm Death guys and Buzz Osborne, pretty cool lineup, its on Ipecac.

goatschool, it's possible i may have a damaged disc i will never listen to in my leftover radio promos. i'll dig for it if you're interested.

of late:
stella link - mystic jaguar attack (which incidentally features a song called "Behold! The Hornless Unicorn" - odd arctopus-like coincidence)
the esoteric - 1366 ep
various bossa nova stuff - luiz henrique, joao gilberto, quincy jones, vince guaraldi
frou frou - details

Lizard, I cannot picture you enjoying Bob Marley.

I'm not sure why.

Sometimes I like to get drunk and shake my booty in dancehall clubs.
Is that so wrong?

I'm listening to this right now and am baffled. Have any of you heard Negurã Bunget's 'n Crugu bradului? Fucking gorgeous. Truely exceptional black metal.

it IS very nice.

i just heard self-titled cult of luna, and it was...not bad. i just can't get over how similar to neurosis it is though.
gregor samsa's dot, dot dot, dot dot dot ep is super pretty, esp the ending. :)

that's cool, chupe. if you do come across it. don't go out of your way, by any means.

thanks.

this is a really dumb/cliche Q but have you khanate people gotten into OLD?

Mono
Last Days of Humanity
My Bloody Valentine
Mogwai
Corrupted
Man Is The Bastard
Swans
His Hero Is Gone
Massive Attack

goatschool, yes I have. I've actually been diggin' a lot of Plotkin's projects lately. I really love Lo Flux and Sleastak, Formula I've a bit of a harder time with, and I managed to get a copy of their Old Lady Drivers LP... holy teenage bathroom humour, but man is it ever fun! ONE MORE TIME GRANDMAAAAA!!!

how is that venomous concept? i heard about it from macabre's manager, who was pushing a show they were playing in chicago a while back and it sounds interesting just from the ppl in it