your favorite cover art?

discouraged1

disco my arse!
May 24, 2001
Belgrade, Serbia
www.myspace.com
I was wondering what is/are your favorite cover art/s, cause aesthetics in whole this goth/black/doom genre seem to be very important.
Mine are Tenhi's Kauan, Opeth's Morningrise & Anathema's Judgement. (I think they give the music another dimension).

The cover isn't everything, but while we're on the subject, I think there isn't one style of cover that is absolutely great, but I believe that for the best harmony, the cover should fit the music style.

Absolutely *amazing* cover though... Opeth's "Blackwater Park".

...though... a band that's very good with combining their music style with intruiging "modern art" covers is Type O´ Negative.

Hmm... my point? Lots of bands have great covers these days... but it's a matter of balance, not too much of a good thing.

Well, the artwork from Katatonia´s latest work is great, and their previous album was also very nice,...let me think...yeah and the artwork for the latest Opeth album is indeed great.

Travis smith has made some of the most impressive covers around. he did the new opeth, that one is good. he also did the zero hour, also great...my favorite cover and layout and design is katatonia's tonights decision. everything is amazin. especially the photos. its worth it for that alone.

Some of my favorites:

Iron Maiden - Killers
Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast (album)
Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast (single)
Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills (single)
Iron Maiden - Live After Death
Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time

Dissection - The Somberlain
Dissection - Storm Of The Light´s Bane

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
Emperor - Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk

Opeth - Morningrise
Opeth - Still Life
Opeth - Blackwater Park

Katatonia - Tonight´s Decision
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Travis Smith rules. Not just the covers, but all of in interior art as well, that guy's impressive. The recent work he did for Devin Townsend's Terria rules, not to mention the past two Opeth and Katatonia records. Also, I like the artwork for SYL's "City" it's just very fitting for the music and I like Devy's liner note comments.

Finally, my favourite is undoubtedly Morningrise. I just love that photo... it inspired me to start taking pictures.

(I haven't seen the Tenhi cover, actually... gotta look for that. Anyone have a link?)

I forgot to mention I quite like all of the In the Woods' cover arts also, especially HEart of the Ages (Tenhi's Kauan reminds of it a bit with those dark violet moody colours)...
And Omnio, man, I still can't figure out what the hell is it, but the whole inlay is awesome !

l8r

BURZUM-Hvis lyset tar oss
BURZUM-Hlidskjálf
DISSECTION - The Somberlain
LACRIMOSA-Satura
LIMBONIC ART-Epitome of illusions
OPETH-Morningrise
ULVER-Bergtatt

Opeth's Morningrise is my all time favorite. But I also love Dark Tranquillity's The Gallery and Opeth's Blackwater Park. Come to think of it Tales From The Thousand Lakes from Amorphis has some cool cover art.