Your favorite musical moments in metal?

-Same album, on Thus Spake the Nightspirit 1:20-3:00 is my favourite passage ever.

Haha weird, I was going to say this song but was going to mention a different bit. Are you sure you got those times correct? I was going to say from 3:00 onwards, when it slows down and you hear him sing "Thus Spake the Nightspirit". NIGHTSPIRIT...SPIRIT...SPIRIT, EMBRACE MY SOUL.

Some others:

Opeth - Black Rose Immortal 11:55-14:45. STUNNING! Especially the bit around where he sings "Granted you a hollow stare. Another soul within the divine herd".

Empyrium - Mourners 6:00-7:55. Favourite moment in music ever, favourite song ever. The solo is just amazing, but I love the build up to it too.

Windir - Fagning 4:15-7:30 (especially from 5:25). A bit different this one. Quite a long passage but the whole thing is just perfect.

Agalloch - Bloodbirds. Last couple of minutes.

I have loads others but that's a few that came to mind instantly. Good thread!

13:15-15:27 of Edge of Sanity's "Crimson"
9:40-10:14 of Nile's "Unas Slayer of the Gods"
2:53-4:00 of Vital Remain's "Unleashed Hell"
3:30-5:07 of The Project Hate's "Resurrected For Massive Torture"
4:26-8:26 of Arghoslent's "Incorrigible Bigotry"

Those are the first that came to mind.

Off the top of my head...

Machine Head - Old: I fucking love this song - it's all I can do to stop myself from air-drumming like a flailing lunatic when the main riff kicks in.

Nasum - Shadows: THE OVERMIND IS DYING! IT'S EYES CAN'T SEE US ALL! BUT I'LL BE HERE WHEN YOU ARE GONE AND MAKE IT THROUGH - THROUGH THE STOOOOOORRRRRM!

Opeth - The Drapery Falls: The entire song basically makes me trance out. I know it's not cool to like Opeth anymore, but fuck you guys, I still do.

Carcass - Heartwork: Best opening to a song ever.

Tool - Stinkfist: The part that starts before Maynard sings 'Something kind of sad about..." - that whole section rules. I uncontrollably air guitar to that bit.

also in tool "crawl away" theres that fast bit that ends with that sweet drum fill that makes me air drum like a hypochondriac in a sudanese ebola ward

Emperor- Clean Vocal part of With Strength I burn
Borknagar- Piano lead into Genuine Pulse
Gorgoroth- About 3:30 and 4:40 through Open the Gates

St. Anger... Its my favorite because its the only album that just by mentioning its name in a conversation about, anything, can provide many a laugh.

Guy 1 - "So, how's the weather?"
Guy 2 - "St. Anger."
Both - "hahahahahah"

My current fave musical metal moment is the entire last section of "Time Zero" by Coprofago. Awesome drumming and heavy as fuck.

Forgive me if I'm outta order
this new music has no soul
it may be good for making money
sadly that is not my goal

integrity and honesty
are words that you dont understand
but you're the best - it says so in the penny dreadful in your hand

If we'd played this riff more punk,
than may be we'd have had a million seller.
But this piper's tune is not for sale,
I'm glad to say I'm not that kind of fella