Your Favorite Prog Metal Albums

New - Terrible
Old - Pretentious

Either way, I don't think DT's fans are listening because of the lyrics as much as the noodling.

Well pretentious is just a buzz word you can throw around to discredit anything that uses three syllable words...I don't think it's pretentious when you can easily see what they're talking about and relate to it emoitonally

besides, man, it's hard to ignore dt's lyrics...the bad jumps out at you. just saying.

Well pretentious is just a buzz word you can throw around to discredit anything that uses three syllable words...I don't think it's pretentious when you can easily see what they're talking about and relate to it emoitonally

besides, man, it's hard to ignore dt's lyrics...the bad jumps out at you. just saying.

Fair enough. :) And, I have been using pretentious to discredit anything and everything in my path years before it was a buzz word.

Sounds like you guys have a different opinion of prog.

Do yourself a favor and check out anything by the bands listed below.

ZOMBI
Magma from France
Ostric Tentacles

This shit will blow you away.

Im like baffled as to why these bands were not mentioned yet sheez.

For some reason I see Magma as more funny than anything. Now THAT'S a band I wouldn't be offended if someone called pretentious. Some of their stuff's really interesting, though.

For some reason I see Magma as more funny than anything. Now THAT'S a band I wouldn't be offended if someone called pretentious. Some of their stuff's really interesting, though.

Well, at least they are pretty original. Plus the drumming is just out there. They have good songs, and then just some wierd ones.
I really dig it when they peak out from building up from some super crazy tempos.

Well, at least they are pretty original. Plus the drumming is just out there. They have good songs, and then just some wierd ones.
I really dig it when they peak out from building up from some super crazy tempos.

They're an interesting band. It just puts me off when bands act as if they have some sort of mission to reveal their own genius to the world. Maybe I'm just getting the wrong impression.