Your favorite scale

most stuff I played so far was in minor, but I just recently wrote a solo in hungarian minor and I think it sounds really cool (pretty much the same solo in E minor sounded good, but kinda boring) so maybe I'll use that scale more in the future

dorian superimposed over a blues minor or a minor pentatonic with a sharpened 3rd and 4th alot of the time I'll just use natural minor and pentatonic, you don't always need this freaky sounding shit

Aw man you guys are over my head : ( I am stuck in Aoelian minor (along with pentatonic) when I really ad-lib. I can write in other scales, but I am worried about hitting the notes in the rght place too much and don't get the expression I like on individual notes.
Then again, I play a mean harmonic minor and pentatonic. I don't make it sound boring. I hope to one day evolve my scales, but I also work on expression and trechnique within what I do best.

Bryant

HArmonic minor or phrygian usually, although I have a strong tendency to bust out the tried and true blues scale all the time. When it come to writing riffs anything goes though, the sicker the better sometimes! :headbang: