Vimana

Mar 2, 2007
Tell me your favorite songwriter

Mine would be

Cedric Bixler-Zavala of The Mars Volta
Roger Waters of Pink Floyd
Bob Dylan
Jim Morrison of The Doors

Scott Weinrich of Saint Vitus/the Obsessed/Spirit Caravan/Place of Skulls/the Hidden Hand... His riffs are so memorable and heavy and his lyrics (especially in Caravan) are really touching and deep. :cry: :rolleyes:

And yeah, Tom Waits is a great songwriter too. His album "Real Gone" has been in constant forever with me.

Oh yeah, and uh... Rozz Williams of Christian Death/Heltir/Shadow Project/Premature Ejaculation/solo... Um... good stuff.:ill:

If it's not metal, I'll have to go with Elliott Smith and Sufjan Stevens.

Regards,
David Lingdell.

Steven Wilson has a unusual approach to songwriting with Porcupine Tree but I find It amazing. In Blackfield he takes up more serious issues. Everything he has done ive loved.

Roger Waters is easily one of the best of the psychedelic era and beyond.

Robert Plant
Stevie Ray Vaughn

Roger Waters is easily one of the best of the psychedelic era and beyond.

Pink Floyd wasn't Psychedelic if thats what you mean, Psychedelic was a Hippie style. Bands like The Jimi Hendrix experience and The Grateful Dead. Pink Floyd was Progressive and Experimental, nowhere near Psychedelic. Plus from what I gather Roger was writing the songs after Psychedelic's height in the summer of love in 1967.

I also like Latin music but mainly the instrumental salsa, flamenco and jazz-crossover stuff.

And I'm automatically prejudiced against anyone who names their album 'Jesus is a Verb, Not a Noun'.

Too bad, he's a great songwriter, and that song really pisses off a lot of christians. Besides, I've listened to that guy for a long time before I even heard of that song.