Your favorite years?

I hate to respond because it will date myself! :cry:

My golden years began in 78 when I bought KISS Peter Criss Solo album and from then on I couldn't wait for new KISS releases (I even had dreams about it!). Of course that led to other bands like Sabbath thanks to TSO ;) and Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Van Halen... etc etc. It was an adventure to travel to a big city just to spend hours scouring the records and tapes (ouch) for new bands just to be the one in our group of friends who would get credit for "discovering" them! :headbang:

rokk said:
I hate to respond because it will date myself! :cry:

My golden years began in 78 when I bought KISS Peter Criss Solo album and from then on I couldn't wait for new KISS releases (I even had dreams about it!). Of course that led to other bands like Sabbath thanks to TSO ;) and Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Van Halen... etc etc. It was an adventure to travel to a big city just to spend hours scouring the records and tapes (ouch) for new bands just to be the one in our group of friends who would get credit for "discovering" them! :headbang:

Ha ha, big city? You mean Pocatello? Yeah, real big city there. :D

Rokk's story is very similar to mine...but that might be because we lived it together. I may have turned him onto Black Sabbath, but I'll never forget the day he called me up and told me he had the new KISS album that featured the band WITHOUT THEIR MAKE UP! Man, I was over there is less than ten minutes.

Originally Posted by rokk
I hate to respond because it will date myself!

My golden years began in 78 when I bought KISS Peter Criss Solo album and from then on I couldn't wait for new KISS releases (I even had dreams about it!). Of course that led to other bands like Sabbath thanks to TSO and Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Van Halen... etc etc. It was an adventure to travel to a big city just to spend hours scouring the records and tapes (ouch) for new bands just to be the one in our group of friends who would get credit for "discovering" them!

Originally Posted by Trans-Siberian Outcast

Ha ha, big city? You mean Pocatello? Yeah, real big city there.

Rokk's story is very similar to mine...but that might be because we lived it together. I may have turned him onto Black Sabbath, but I'll never forget the day he called me up and told me he had the new KISS album that featured the band WITHOUT THEIR MAKE UP! Man, I was over there is less than ten minutes.

Well it is bigger than Blackfoot! sheesh... (which ain't sayin' much) :tickled:

Pretty much listened to a lot of shitty rapcore/nu-metal along the lines of Korn and Limp Bizkit. I listened to some Obituary song and it seemed pretty morbid to me back then but I was attracted to them.

2001-2002

I started discovering various metal (death, black, thrash, modern, sludge etc.) and it all seemed pretty fresh to me so I guess this is my favourite time when it came to music.

2003 - now

I started being set into a series of bands.

Now! From death metal to Classic metal and all my 35 years on this ill forsaken planet
its awesome still seeing the kids loving and playing metal now. Like my local boys Demiricous
and Opiate shredding some good metal plus all the bands in europe like Graveworm,
Amon Amarth, Agathodaimon and so on! I think Metal is coming back to the glory
days like it was in the 70's and 80's and early 90's. But that is just an opinion.

Now! From death metal to Classic metal and all my 35 years on this ill forsaken planet
its awesome still seeing the kids loving and playing metal now. Like my local boys Demiricous
and Opiate shredding some good metal plus all the bands in europe like Graveworm,
Amon Amarth, Agathodaimon and so on! I think Metal is coming back to the glory
days like it was in the 70's and 80's and early 90's. But that is just an opinion. :wave:

1983-84 being in high school at a really cool time for metal music

A lot of the NWBHM bands ...iron Maiden Piece of mind, Powerslave (still my favorite Maiden tour) saxons (power and the Glory was awesome)Fastway, MSG, scorpions, UFO,Gary Moore,Priest Dio, Rainbow I was discovering a lot of music besides AC/DC and Iron Maiden ...just didnt have enough money to buy it all .It was Just a great period of music