your favorite shirt.

My favorite shirt is an Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast jersey from '83. That was my senior year of high school and the Mormon student body were burning satanic records and tapes like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, AC/DC and KISS. I thought that ridiculous (especially AC/DC and KISS), so I made my statement by purchasing a Number of the Beast shirt with Eddie the Killer playing puppetmaster to the Devil and then had the local t-shirt shop print LONG LIVE BACKWARD MESSAGES on the back. ( I wonder if my buddy, rokk, remembers that? If my recollection is accurate, he had a shirt just like it and we caused quite a stir within the school!) I still have that shirt today, although it is so threadbare that it would barely cast a shadow.

I remember that Overkill shirt with the giant finger on it. Before that though, a friend of mine had a Great White shirt that said "Stick It!" along with a giant middle finger. We all thought it was pretty cool that he had the balls to wear it out in public. But then we noticed his shirt kept attracting cops to our group, which wasn't a good thing since we usually had beers in our hands and weed in our pockets. Naturally, we insisted he quit wearing it so he hung it on his bedroom wall.

My dead buddy Neil once got on local tv during the Southern Idaho State Fair wearing an YNGWIE IS GOD t-shirt. I thought that was pretty cool. That was probably in '84.

VINNIE VINCENT INVASION
'86-87 Tour Tank Top!!!

Followed by my Vain - No Respect shirt. And my Poison "Live As Hell In Australia" 1989 tour shirt and Warrant '91 Tour shirt are faves as well!

kittybeast said:
I bet it looks something like this one :headbang:
100_1285.jpg

That's just about what it looks like Kitty...and that is one of the coolest pics I've ever seen. Definitely old school. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

JB

sixxswine said:
Where the hell do you come up with these fucking topics man?!
I feel like I'm in a women's locker room after volleyball practice!
Your favorite shirt?! What's next favorite pair of fucking socks?!
Followed by favorite pair of undies?!
WTF?!

I have several concert T's I am partial too but if I had to pick one it would be my long sleeve Vanden Plas "Beyond Daylight" tee. It is one of the coolest looking I have. I also have an "Alchoholica Drink Em All" shirt from the Justice tour. I like that one quite a bit too, but it isn't much more than a rag.

As far as socks.... I is smart. I wear Hanes ankle socks with the gray toe and heel. I buy all the same brand and style so the wife doesn't have to spend time matching them up.

I like my red bikinis too. Hanes of course. If it's good enough for Mike, it's good enough for me. Ha ha ha j/k.

Bryant

sixxswine said:
Bryant you laugh, but that's what this forum has deteriorated to a "fucking fashion show."

I don't see anything wrong with one's favorite concert tee. I have seen some pretty bad topics here, but that one doesn't bother me. Memorabilia is a part of the "metal" culture if you ask me.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I don't see anything wrong with one's favorite concert tee. I have seen some pretty bad topics here, but that one doesn't bother me. Memorabilia is a part of the "metal" culture if you ask me.

Bryant

Bryant is Right .. Having A Favorite T-shirt is more than just some kind of silly fasion thing its about grabbing that shirt throwing it on and for a moment you can remember back to that show you got it at or something that ocured at that time ... Fasion is the farthest thing from it :wave:

sixxswine said:
Where the hell do you come up with these fucking topics man?!
I feel like I'm in a women's locker room after volleyball practice!
Your favorite shirt?! What's next favorite pair of fucking socks?!
Followed by favorite pair of undies?!
WTF?!

what the hell?
I just used the shower subject because I don't like to freakin wash my vintage shirt until it rips.
I just like to know and look at vintage shirts like many other metallers (rarely buy them)

sheesh!!! I think everyone else got it right and wasn't thinking about being a girrlygirrrrrrl!!

and I was talking about metal shirts obviously, now if you have metal panties I don't want to know.

My favourite has to be my CANDLEMASS shirt with the "Epicus" cross/skull on front and a simple "DOOM" in huge letters on the back...

I have Maiden shirts from every US tour and the classics are my faves, Killers, Number of the Beast, Powerslave, Aces High, Piece of mind.. Goodtimes, good memories. I once had a MSG logo shirt that i wore pretty much all through High school, I loved that shirt. I tried to replace it On Ebay 2 weels ago and the bidding got up to $85.00 so i backed out

My favorite is from Spinal Tap Break like the wind tour with the S&M chick on all 4s. Its a great conversation piece at concerts.

Fred B said:
I have Maiden shirts from every US tour and the classics are my faves, Killers, Number of the Beast, Powerslave, Aces High, Piece of mind.. Goodtimes, good memories. I once had a MSG logo shirt that i wore pretty much all through High school, I loved that shirt. I tried to replace it On Ebay 2 weels ago and the bidding got up to $85.00 so i backed out

My favorite is from Spinal Tap Break like the wind tour with the S&M chick on all 4s. Its a great conversation piece at concerts.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
( I wonder if my buddy, rokk, remembers that? If my recollection is accurate, he had a shirt just like it and we caused quite a stir within the school!)

I do remember that shirt, .... I remember how much of a stir that shirt did cause.......

Lets go back kiddies to 1983..... I was at TSO's house watching the late night movie "The Warriors" (remember that one... "Warriors... come out and playeeayy") The show got over about midnite and I headed for home on foot. Being about a 10 block journey I started getting a little jumpy. As I was walking I looked ahead and saw in the light of the streetlamp a couple of guys headed my way. I crossed the street to walk down the opposite side and they crossed too. I kept telling myself there was nothing to be concerned about I was just freaked out from watching the movie. Then as they approached one of them swung and I ducked and he missed. I realized who they were (trolls). I took off for a light porch on which to make my stand and was blindsided and slammed into a glass screen door. I came to from being knocked and kneeling in a puddle of my own blood. My wrist had been slit by the glass and I was bleeding pretty profusely. I put pressure on the cut and headed for home. I ended at the emergency room for @ 10 stitches in my wrist.

I made a police report at the hospital and the next day I was called to the Principals office where the cops and the guys who jumped me were waiting. The cops were convinced the the we were all part of a Satanic occult and that we had sacrificed a local farmers livestock. They concluded that I had wanted to leave the occult membership and the other members of the cult were trying to kill me because of it.

I asked them what made them think there was any satanic cult and they said it was because of the IRON MAIDEN SHIRT with the LONG LIVE BACKWARDS MESSAGES slogan TSO and I wore.

WOW that definitely brings back some memories. I remember that night. I actually walked rokk halfway back home (a custom we had with each other when we were visiting the other's house) and I had turned back about two blocks before the incident. If I hadn't turned back when I did, I would've been part of the attack. It was really weird because it was right out of the movie we were watching that night, Warriors.

I had forgotten that the authorities blamed it on our reputation as devil worshippers. Like those trolls (jocks) had the balls to go against the grain of society as we did!

Their fame was earned by a touchdown on the football field...ours was sacrificing Mrs. Balbi's goat at the abondoned Sugar Factory (we were innocent of the accusations, but we were condemned by reputation).

I remember Jaime actually challenged one of those guys to a fist fight and held his own pretty good! They quit bothering us after that.