Your favourite beer

Oh man! That's awful! I feel you man! I don't know what I'd do without good beer... I can't drink at all during week, since I get a "hangover" from 1-2 beers... But in the weekends I'll drink up! :kickass:

Btw, any of you guys know what might be the matter me? It's really weird, because if I drink very much and get wasted, I don't even get THAT bad hangover, but if I drink like 2 beers, It feels almost as bad...

Prog, do you mind me asking what you have?

Well if you drink enough, you'll still be drunk in the morning. The hangover won't start creeping in until later in the day and by that time you'll have had the chance to drink (non-alcohol liquids) and eat well and stuff, so it kind of softens the whole thing. But if you wake up all sober, dehydrated and hungry it can get pretty ugly even if you didn't drink that much.

I don't know the science behind this, but it's my theory based on experience.

But the thing is that I feel pretty bad the WHOLE day. For example, once I drank 2 beers, 0.33l and 4.5%, so not much alcohol. I had a full stomach before I drank them, I drank alot of water after them, Had some food and slept like 8-9hours and STILL felt pretty bad the whole say... And I'm a pretty big guy, this is just starting to annoy me! I wanna enjoy great beer more often than just during weekends... :(

Hmmm... I have no idea what that could be. I'd think that maybe you are allergic to something in the beer, but that would mean that drinking a lot would cause serious problems.

Try drinking one beastly beer (a quality 9%-11%) and see what happens. It would be like drinking 2 beers...

Prog, do you mind me asking what you have?

Not at all. It's diabetes. I've had it for about 3 years and haven't been managing it very well.
I was read the riot act by my wife and kids this past weekend. They are worried about me
and I do have to make sure I am around for them. I may be able to have some beers maybe
once every few months but for now I'm on the wagon. Thank you for your concern.:)

On another beer related note, today I heard that the 3 brothers from the band Hanson were
going to market a brand of beer soon. They are calling it MMMHop in reference to their first
hit. I just thought it was interesting. It's supposed to be released in the spring.

Hahah cool, MMMHop! :lol: And Shred it can't be what I'm eating since I don't get anything if I don't drink, it's definatley the beer OR the alcohol itself. It could be that my sleep gets SO bad after drinking even the smallest amount of alcohol. I think the quality of the sleep is crap, eventhough I sleep long... I dunno..

last night my wife and I were in Lynchburg, VA. We had dinner at the Depot Grille. I enjoyed a Jefferson St Brewery Oatmeal Stout. It was a really good beer. If you are ever in that area, try it, I am sure there are other restaurants in the area that carry their beer.

I had a Carlsberg yesterday. It was surprisingly good. I have never really liked it before.

Carlsberg tastes like regular beer. I question the motives of any man whose response to regular beer is "Ewww....".

My response will always be "Ewww..." to regular beer, now that I've seen what truly great beer can be. "Regular" beer is like listening to Nickelback. You don't listen to Nickelback, do you?...

There is no finesse, experimentation, creativity... no taste with regular beer.

There is a taste in regular beer, it's known as "beer".

I agree that regular beer isn't quite the experience that a fine one can be, but it still is what it is.

Come on now, don't give Nickelback that much credit... I'd say horse piss beer like Keystone or something would be like listening to Nickelback.:D