Your favourite beer

Not sure how this got on SX forum but I'll bite. I like pale ales. In all honesty, and I'm ready for the jokes, I like Rolling Rock. Mic Light is okay, but RR is my fave. I'm not a connosieur by any means ( I know I spelled that wrong.). Wish RR hadn't moved from Latrobe though

There are some beers that have this different, clovey taste, and I love it! What am I tasting? Is it the hops? I notice this taste a lot in Leffe, Hoegaarden, and Hefe Weisse. Help me out so I know what to look for, Mr. Shred!

Maybe it's the wheat? Dunno....
But yesterday I had one of the best beers I've had in a while!
Origin Ale's Darwinian IPA, I think it's a double IPA... But man oh man!
The first sip was great, then like 5 sips were not that GREAT but still good, and then after that it was again GREAT! It was weird... but I highly recommend it to everyone who likes hops! :kickass:

I just wanted to ask if there were any beer lovers here. So what kind of beers do you like? And more specifically, WHAT is your favourite beer? I myself like all types of beers but most of all I'm a huge fan of India Pale Ales, the crispy fresh taste of all the hops and malts just give me the chills :D

Mikkellers Tomahawk IPA is one of my favourite beers and of course Smörre IPA from Finland (has rye malts, oh the unique taste).

India Pale Ales for me too!!! :kickass:

I also love Rochefort 10, Barbar (both belgian) and Paulaner Salvator (german).

Cloves and banana are from the yeast strain. Bavarian hefeweizens and some Belgian yeast strains are very heavy on the ester profiles that lead to clove/banana flavors and aromas. Fermenting at higher temps makes the flavor more profound as well. American hefes are rather restrained in the esters though - gotta stick with the German makers for a real Hefe.

Allow me to introduce you young lads to my therapist, Dr. Samuel Adams, MD!... They make some good ones. Can't wait for the Winter Lager. Does anyone think their Octoberfest was not that good this year? I like their Irish Red, Boston Lager, Cream Stout, and others. There is a brewery in Akron, OH called Thirsty Dog. Their Old Leghumper, a porter, is one of my favorites. Kind of expensive, though, about $40 US a case. Troegs brewery in PA makes a really good wheat beer, Dream Weaver. I'd say it's pretty close to the best German hefes. I was in California recently and tried Fat Tire for the first time. That one might be my all time favorite! But you can't get it here in PA; the closest place is North Carolina. And then there's Guiness. Another good brewery is Great Lakes in Cleveland.

Cloves and banana are from the yeast strain. Bavarian hefeweizens and some Belgian yeast strains are very heavy on the ester profiles that lead to clove/banana flavors and aromas. Fermenting at higher temps makes the flavor more profound as well. American hefes are rather restrained in the esters though - gotta stick with the German makers for a real Hefe.
Have you ever tried Troeg's Dream Weaver? Just wondering how you would compare that to the German hefes.

Thanks, Shred!

I have recently decided that I am going to order a bunch of Belgian Trappist beers. I don't think I'll be able to afford the acclaimed Westvleteren 12, but I plan on getting a bunch of other ones.
I am especially looking forward to Rochefort 10... so excited!
Shipping costs are going to kill me, though :(

Man its getting way to expensive to buy good beer now , its bad enough its anaverage of 9 bucks a six and taxes on that to boot WTF

I was inspired. Had to stop off and grab a Rochefort on the way home. Currently enjoying... life is good.

What, no MAIDEN THE SHADE, Zach? :headbang::kickass:

Had one of those this year, thought it was great! Ninkasi is quickly becoming one of my favorite breweries, with their Tricerahops and Believer double red... mmmmmmm.

Sleighr is my favorite so far though. Love the winter seasonals!

Was it a Rochefort 10?

Have you had St. Bernardus 12?

Yes and yes. SB12 is awesome.

Man its getting way to expensive to buy good beer now , its bad enough its anaverage of 9 bucks a six and taxes on that to boot WTF

I'm sure the sin taxes will only increase. Gotta pay for that health care scam, y'know?

Had one of those this year, thought it was great! Ninkasi is quickly becoming one of my favorite breweries, with their Tricerahops and Believer double red... mmmmmmm.

Sleighr is my favorite so far though. Love the winter seasonals!

Can't get Ninkasi here, unfortunately. Wish I could.