Your favourite beer

There is basically one place to buy alcoholic beverages in Ontario, other than bars, and restaurants; which also buy from this one place. They do not have too many out of the ordinary choices, but I found their winter warmers lineup!

Quadrupel Trappist Ale / BIERBROUWERIJ DE KONINGSHOVEN / 10.0 / 750 / $7.25 / NETHERLANDS
Trafalgar Bock / TRAFALGAR ALES AND MEADS LTD. / 6.5 / 650 / $4.50 / CANADA
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout / BROOKLYN BREWERY / 10.1 / 4 x 355 / $11.75 / US
Schneider Ice Bock / PRIVATBRAUEREI G. SCHNEIDER & / 12.0 / 500 / $4.25 / GERMANY
Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout / SOUTHERN TIER BREWING / 10.0 / 650 / $9.60 / US
St Ambroise Vintage Ale / MCAUSLAN BREWING INC. / 9.0 / 341 / $4.95 / CANADA
Marston's Oyster Stout / MARSTON'S PLC / 4.5 / 500 / $3.45 / UNITED KINGDOM
Box Steam Dark & Handsome / ID AGENCIES / 5.0 / 500 / $3.50 / UNITED KINGDOM
ST. BERNARDUS ABT 12 / BROUWERIJ ST. BERNARD N.V. / 10.0 / 330 / $3.45 / BELGIUM
Christoffel Winterse Bok / SINT CHRISTOFFEL BIER B.V. / 7.8 / 330 / $3.25 / NETHERLANDS
Traquair Jacobite Ale / TRAQUAIR HOUSE BREWERY LTD. / 8.0 / 330 / $2.80 / UNITED KINGDOM
DIEU DU CIEL! SOLSTICE D'HIVER / MICROBRASSERIE DIEU DU CIEL / 9.8 / 341 / $3.50 / CANADA
Lava, Smoked Imperial Stout / OLVISHOLT BRUGGHUS EHF. / 9.4 / 500 / $5.80 / ICELAND
Meantime Coffee Porter / SOVEREIGN BEVERAGE CO. LTD. / 6.0 / 330 / $3.15 / UNITED KINGDOM

I am super excited for KONINGSHOVEN (La Trappe) and St. Bernardus 12! Can't wait for these to get in stock!

Are there any others from this list I must try?

I had Hoptical Illusion the other day as well. Didn't like it at first, but started loving it by the end!
It's made within the same province in Canada that I live in :)

EDIT: I just realized USA also makes a beer called Hoptical Illusion.

Yes the one I had was from Bluepoint brewing Co. In Long Island NY , VERY GOOD!!!!!

Hell, I'd try them all. But that's just me. :) My first shot would be that Quad from Koningshoven. Can't go wrong with the Trappists. And that creme brulee stout sounds interesting. From that list, though, I've only had the St. Bernardus and the Traquair.

And I feel your pain about availability. New Mexico's franchise laws make it very difficult to do business in the state. I guess I need to get my butt into the Senate and so something about it, huh? But, Colorado isn't too far away and I usually make a trip each year.

I've always loved Nogne beers, for example the IPA is wonderful! But couple of days ago I tried the #100 and OMG :OMG: one of the best beers I've had in a long time... If you haven't tried this, you have to. So Nogne - #100

I just went on a bit of a spree... picked up some of these specials.

I picked up:
6 Koningshoeven (750mL bottles!)
2 Meantime Coffee Porter
4 Brooklyn Chocolate Stout
2 Christoffel Bock
1 Oatmeal Stout of some kind... cannot remember the name. I'm scared it might be this one:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/trafalgar-smoked-oatmeal-stout/75180/
It looks similar... apparently, this is a terrible beer. LOL.

Jester, next time I go back, I'm going to pick up some St Ambroise Vintage Ales that you recommended. I believe I saw some there.

I'm upset! They still haven't stocked any Bernardus yet! I'm most excited about that one!

Haha, I looked like a freak. The people behind me didn't know what to think of it. The 6 large bottles of La Trappe alone looked pretty ridiculous.

Based on what I've read about the Brooklyn Chocolate Stout, I'm very excited to try it!

The words "Chocolate" and "Stout" give me an idea of a WAY too sweet and sugar-y stout, but when I tried Young's Double Chocolate Stout I actually liked it very much! :)

The chocolate flavors usually come from chocolate malt, a highly kilned malt with a dark color (350° Lovibond) and, surprisingly, a taste like chocolate. Some brewers do add chocolate though, but its oils are not conducive to good head retention and it takes great care to use.

Has anyone tried AleSmith IPA? I've heard so much about it that I ABSOLUTELY have to have this! I sure hope they have this when I'll be in Manhattan!

A cold Hoegaarden on a hot day is definitely enjoyable! A little watery, but still one of my favourite regularly available beers.

I tried the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, and it is fantastic! Shred, it is a MUST try, man! I'm not as well-rounded as you when it comes to beer tasting, but I'm pretty confident you'll enjoy it.
I had to restock them in my stash.

I picked up:

Traquair Jacobite
Brooklyn Pumpkin Ale
St. Ambroise Vintage Ale (as recommended!)
Edelweiss Weissbier Snowfresh