dave murray and adrian smith
dave mustaine and marty friedman
jimmy page
tony iommi

Mr Shred wrote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliwakker
SR wrote

Goddam SR...you really are gonna have to move to Canberra and be my shred-wench, marry me or at least have a brief affair....any chick who can dig Lane and Garsed deserves some major biscuit points....you got Centrifugal Funk?

Guess who was the guy that introduced her to them! So I get to have the affiar! Who's your daddy SR, whos your daddy!!!!

My fav's;
Allan Holdsworth
Frank Gambale
Brett Garsed
Greg Howe
John Scofield

Hey Holdsworth is on your list....how about you move to Canberra and be my shred wench instead :)

and how is living on the Gold Coast...i was there in January and i wanted to leave after 3 days....don't you get sick of the tourists.

Yeah Shreddi baby you're the place I go to for all my Jazz and Fusion needs, actually I do love this stuff way more than metal in alot of cases, just such classy inspiring music.

Hey lets all just move in with Shreddi and turn his place into a house of \m/

Taliwakker said:
Mr Shred wrote

Hey Holdsworth is on your list....how about you move to Canberra and be my shred wench instead :)

and how is living on the Gold Coast...i was there in January and i wanted to leave after 3 days....don't you get sick of the tourists.
Meehh the Gold Coast is okay. I don't live in Surface or Broadbeach so there isnt heaps of tourists where i live. Im back in the hinterland here. A place called Tallai, close to Nerang if you know it.

I'll gladly move to Canberra man! Just for Pro Audio:D

no msn for Tali.

Pro Audio ain't what it used to be.....Nunz Gambale sold it a few years ago to the guy who owns Better Music (the only real competition in Canberra) so there are basically no price wars or bargaining power anymore...+ one of my ex band members used to work there and gave me ridiculous discounts on mesa gear and guitars...but he moved to the States 2 years ago and now i can't get free guuitar strings any more......:( so now all my strings are rusty and shit and i have to actually buy them....haven't had to do that in quite a while.

Dang...

Oh well I'm getting a great deal for a second hand Mesa Heartbreaker from Nunz's son. Nearly 1/3 of the price. I cant wait :)

OK, the question was "favorite guitarist", not guitarists.

Anyway, as far as I could see, no one mentioned Steve Lukather. He is my God... OK, one of my Gods. I can't belive none of you "serious" guitarists listen to him.

:hotjump: ...Blows me away... :worship:

Macy said:
OK, the question was "favorite guitarist", not guitarists.

Anyway, as far as I could see, no one mentioned Steve Lukather. He is my God... OK, one of my Gods. I can't belive none of you "serious" guitarists listen to him.
I love a lot of Toto's stuff. I went on a real binge with them in 2003, but as far as guitar work goes, I enjoy and respect Luke's work but it doesn't match the enjoyment factor or influence on me that the ones on my list did. No biggie. I'm still very serious about guitar despite this. :Spin:

ok, to answer the question directly, Romeo's my favorite. I also want to mention michael hedges though because I don't think anyone mentioned him before (I did skip over a few posts though). He's the best I've heard in terms of acoustic guitar music. He's got a very original and unique style. It's a lot more impressive and just more cool to actually see him play though.