Your favorite guitarist

Not too many in the really heavy spectrum.
Good sense of melody is vital and a great vibrato is always welcome.

Marty Friedman holds it all together in my book, tone, melody, amazing phrasing and a lovely picking hand to boot. :lol:
Adrian Smith
Dimebag
Satch
Michael Schenker
Neal Schon (no, I don't like Journey)
Guys like Skolnick, Murray, Blackmore, Lifeson, Page, Slash, Gary Moore, et al, aren't shabby either. Ah, screw, too many to name. My favorite is Friedman, for very soulfoul "shredding".
Ooh, and I saw a very talented acoustic guitarist not too long ago; Adrian Legg - quite impressive.

Dimebag
Alex Skolnick
Michael and Chris Amott
Mikael Akerfeldt
Dave Gilmour
Jimmy Page
Woody Weatherman
Mark Morton
Paul Waggoner

Hi all
My favorite guitarist is Zakk Wylde - Black label Society. He seems to have his own special style of playing, not just in solos but also in riffs in all songs. I love how he always throws in vibratos into the riffs of his songs, and his solos are always so fast.

I always admire it when someone can do vocals and play well, Akerfeldt does that. James Hetfield is probably my favourite guitarist though, the way he hybrid picks and sings and plays, he may not be a flashy lead guitarist or shred like Lucca Turilli but he has been a huge inspiration. Dave Mustaine as well along the same vein.

I don't really care about how technical they can get or how fast people can play so a few bands where I enjoy the way the guitarists are played especially would be: Mithras, Augury, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Lykathea Aflame and Sleep Terror (more so for the jazzy parts than anything else).

Jari Maenpaa, Chuck Schuldiner, Euronymous just because he was this fuckin icon of pure evil, Jeff Hanneman, not Kerry King, amd Definatly not any of the fags in Dragon force. Herman Li is not cool.

Hi all
My favorite guitarist is Zakk Wylde - Black label Society. He seems to have his own special style of playing, not just in solos but also in riffs in all songs. I love how he always throws in vibratos into the riffs of his songs, and his solos are always so fast.

He's not that fast and he isn't as dynamic as Michael Romeo who tears down the fret board like a quick paced symphonic orchestra.
:kickass: :kickass: :worship: :worship:

Godamn there are so many amazing players from so many different styles...
1/Django Reinhardt,Amazing speed and dexterity. Jazz player with a damaged hand,although to listen to his gypsy style you would never know.
2/Jeff Beck,The most underrated of Brit guitarists,a real blues rock master.
3/Alvin Lee,PLayed it fast and dirty for his day.
4/Hendrix, single handedly invented distortion.
5/John McLaughlin,a technical whizz listen to birds of fire,prog rock at it's best.
6/Page for bringing non blues almost folk melodies and new riffs to rock.Although some might say he just nicked it from his pal Roy Harper..Hats off to Roy...
7/Steve Hillage...for tonal precision
8/Satriani,Vai,Malmsteen, for taking it too far, it brought a lot of great players back to earth.
9/Van HALEN ,for the fantastic off key and tapped solo's
10/Timmo Talkki, for the most self indulgent nonsense played so wonderfully.....

Got bored so left out loads....

There is too much talent in just the metal genre to begin to name the 'best' or favorite guitarists every single one has been influencial in some way or another and they will continue to be so Long live the axemen!