Your favorite guitarist

mike ammot and john christ because the dont just play a million miles an hour.its not just about dive bombs and tapping kids.

Marcel Coenen:

Ander Bjorler

Bob Zabek:

Martin Simpson

Jeff Loomis

Karl Sanders

Niklas Sundin

Eric Johnson

The super shreders can basically kiss my arse for being too up themselves. Satch is grossly overated. Yngwie Malmsteen is just an ugly super model that only 14 year old guitar nerds wank over. Rusty has just taken everything too far, he's entertaining for 30 seconds, kinda like a juggler or clown. Vai is cool though. His ballads are really well written.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rusty has just taken everything too far, he's entertaining for 30 seconds, kinda like a juggler or clown.

I kinda feel the same way, he has all the technical stuff down and its kinda fascinating to watch him play for a while but...... meh....
I have this 10min video of him jamming on his conklin 8-string and after the first bit, where its kinda fascinating, it starts getting extremely boring:rolleyes:

Marty Friedman and Jason Becker are my top two players. You simply cannot fuck with those two as far as lead guitar goes.

In the past its been:

Rhoads
Hammet
Holdsworth
Gilbert
Bettencourt
Becker
Macalpine
Morse
Murphy
Di Meola
Beck
Hendrix
Eklundh
Polak

tons more...

right now its probably Bill Steer, Ron Jarzombek and Guthrie Govan

both Jarzombek and Govan are playing out of this world stuff on a couple of brilliant solo releases.

Bill Steer is just one of the greatest riff writers ever imo.

looking forward to Blotted Science

Hell Yeah!!! The drummer is amazing!!! Just happend to see that he won World's Fastest Drummer, think for double bass drums! Can't believe how fast his one hand goes throughout that song!

Great song, great album... I actually got to meet Glen Benton too, I live in Tampa and I guess he lives around there as well.

Back on topic, some of my Favorite Guitar players are...

Yngwie Malmsteen: You either love him or hate him, at least thats how it seems like that with most people. I think he's amazing and if you haven't heard his Concerto for the Electric Guitar CD, your missing out, some of his best stuff yet!

Ritchie Blackmore

Randy Rhodes

this is not a song solo btw, its just to entertain the audience..not all ppl appreciate the techniques while hearing but mostly they appreciate how good is the tone and how fast the solo is...and what techniques your talking about you mean tapping Ah Nh and such things...i will ask you a question..do you think guitarist like slash cant do such things while his playing very simply..i heard solos with all kinds of techniques but they sound shit, not impressive its like somone say "hey, look i know how to play guitar"...if a solo entertain me then its very good and the successful guitarist is the one who can play such solo's

btw i forgot to mention paul gilbert & eddie van halen in the list they are one of the best guitarisrts ever

you should check out Muhammed Suicmez's (Necrophagist) work....its fucking amazing

its a good you mentioned Paul Gilbert :) he can skip strings like none other