Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Satriani

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Paul Gilbert

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters
I put other. My favorite guitarist is Zakk Wylde. Come on man, he wrote Miracle Man at 19. What songs have you written by the age of 19 sound like that? If you have some, please post them.

Lots of people don't like Zakk's attitude, but how many of those people have actually walked up and talked with him for a bit? I met him and Nick last year and have to say they have got to be two of the coolest guys I've met, next to Mike LePond.

This guy named Guthrie Govan is the most well-rounded guitarist I've ever seen or heard. He's not the fastest or anything like that, but this guy plays shred with the best of 'em, taps, sweeps, plays real jazz, plays real country, does legato, does the fast alternate picking thing, plays blues and any other style you could think of. Check out these video clips:

http://www.tonemerchants.com/Guthrie_Govan_Clips.htm

I ordered the DVD copy and it's even better than the clips. Truly an amazing player! :OMG:

shredosaurus said:
This guy named Guthrie Govan is the most well-rounded guitarist I've ever seen or heard. He's not the fastest or anything like that, but this guy plays shred with the best of 'em, taps, sweeps, plays real jazz, plays real country, does legato, does the fast alternate picking thing, plays blues and any other style you could think of. Check out these video clips:

http://www.tonemerchants.com/Guthrie_Govan_Clips.htm

I ordered the DVD copy and it's even better than the clips. Truly an amazing player! :OMG:
Ive met that guy, he used to go to the same acadamy as me

Lord Of The Snow said:
OMG... another of these useless polls.

Is there any way to filter senseless threads from this forum automatically?
It seems that someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed :rolleyes:.

Ultimate_Symphony said:
It seems that someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed :rolleyes:.
True... I got tired by poll # 156330343 about the world's best guitar players and fell into a restless and haunted sleep. When I woke up I knew it was my mission to post my statement to save this forum from poll # 156330344 - though now I think I will fail... :yell:

I voted for Steve Vai-because he wrote the most amazing album of all time in Passion and Warfare.....the greatest guitar album ever.......there are better technicians than Vai.....Greg Howe for instance but nobody can create the soundscape(on guitar) like Vai.
I should have voted other.....Allan Holdsworth should have been on that list.....Bumblefoot too.

Naturally Romeo, I'm a singer ok, but what I listen for first in an album is the guitar (I played guitar in my past) cos guitar, for me, is the essence of Heavy Metal, mmm so Romeo is why I listen to Symphony X (the other musicians are great too naturally), ev'rything he did in the album with his guitar is exactly what I want to ear, power, technic, melodic, progressive, heavy and a lot of other things.

Than I just thing Steve Vai is the best guitarist in the world, doesn't play exactly what I want and this is the reason I didn't vote for him, but I think nobody can do what hi does, he's perfect, his guitar can talk and cry and smile, he just make his guitar do what he want, a great great great one.

SeaOfNames said:
Wheres Buckethead?!!!! Jk but i went with Petrucci, cause before i got into Dream Theater, Symphony X, etc...i thought the most talented guitar player was Kirk Hammet (hey i was a huge metallica fan, but i didnt know any better). Dream Theater pretty much changed my life, cause like i said up to that point, i thought Metallica were gods. Dream Theater changed all that, and they were the first band i heard that would blow like Hammet and Metallica out of the water. So thats my choice. But anyways even though i dig most of the guys on the list, Petrucci is still my fav, with Vai, Stach, Malmsteen and Romeo coming close. But damn Ty Tabor should be up there!!!! :worship:

Oh yeah, years ago I was just like you. My brother and I were soooo obsessed with Metallica and we thought Kirk Hammett was the one and only guitar player who could play anything so good. But after we heard about Dream Theater, we thought Metallica was just....hmmm, nothing, compared to Dream Theater. Don't get me wrong, I still like the (old) Metallica songs.

Anyway, I voted for Mr Petrucci. Because when I listen to his solo's I think I hear a lot of emotion and all.