Your favourite hand drawn album covers

I am a complete and utter n00b when it comes to a who's who of album covers. Necrolord is the only name I can conjure up at the moment.

People might hate this album (I don't) but I think it's the latest work by Necrolord:

endcd12_cover_400.jpg

septic death had some really cool artwork covers Pushead was their bassist and did their cover work.I guess he got well known later and did the work on many others as well

My all-time favorite one was by H.R. Giger on the Celtic Frost album cover To Mega Therion.Especially the Vinyl edition cover because ther is much more detail since it's larger and it opens up to a cool painting on the inside too

J Mann said:
I am a complete and utter n00b when it comes to a who's who of album covers. Necrolord is the only name I can conjure up at the moment.

People might hate this album (I don't) but I think it's the latest work by Necrolord:

endcd12_cover_400.jpg

way to rip off Dissection.

livefront.jpg

DemonHelm said:
Well, like I said that was for the IE covers. He is still a sweet artist. He just uses digital instead of hand-drawn techniques.

In THIS picture, for example, I happen to know that his child posed for the shadowy straw figure and that knife was an actual photo. He's doing more than just "suping them up".

See http://www.seempieces.com for most of his work.

The IE covers were supposed to have a comic book feel, so the drawings were done by comic artists (Greg Capullo for SW, and Danny Miki for the few after). They gave me the inks/pencils and i did the coloring. Even though I'm mostly happy with the results, I get more credit than I feel I deserve for the IE covers for whatever reason.

I do a lot of handdrawn stuff in my covers, howver, I don't draw a good refined comicy style so it's mostly something that I can use as a base, and then manip into what I want.

I use different mediums for whatever i feel best suits what I want to do. Sometimes I mix the photos with pencils and painting (Opeth BWP, King Diamond), and sometimes I might use a straight photograph (Opeth D +D). Or any combination thereof. That shadow demon is water color, pencil, photo, and ballpoint pen...Paper Mate, I think.

But, regardless of how it begins, it's all put together digitally. So you're all right.

Bathory's Hammerheart and Arghoslent's Galloping... and Incorrigible... album covers would have to be my favorite ones.

Carcassian said:
Not hand drawn, but probably the most mysterious lp cover ever.

I was actually physically afraid of it as a kid (much to my dads amusement)

is that Ozzy or some random creep?

I DREW ONE UNCE IT WAZ LYKE WKKD so yeah really it was like this:

on tha top left hand corner there was this thinglike i donno how to explain it it it was really good though. it was round but then it had this thing coming off of it like a spike into a guitar. the guyitar was kinda nice. it had 7 strings and one was pink like i lykes pink....or was it 4 strings? i cant remeber cause it might have been 7 or 4 i cant remeber. :cry: so anyway yeah that was just the top left hand corner. then in the left hand corner on bottom i drew a tit
thenn on the righ hand side going up teh side there were bikini strings expect you couldnt tell they were from bikiniscause it was just strings. den in da smacik dab senter, dere waz da title i drew wit comic sans font "CHIX N GUTARS" I finks dere hot.

overall tha colours were mainly green and orange and white and blue and yellow and red and black and pink and purple

what do u fink?