Your Favourite Metal Guitarist

There are many facets to being a good guitarist. Technical ability is one, musical knowledge is another, as well as taste. Each one can be more important than the other depending on the music you create, but when determining overall greatness, it's much harder to say who's great and why.

I had to Wiki Chris Masochist to find out you were talking about "Gospel of the Horns". Sounds like interesting stuff, I'll check it out. I've never heard of the band but I believe I've heard of the man.

goth_kansi.gif

Every song on this album kicks so much fucking ass.

Aigh, too many to name.

Trey Azagthoth (Morbid Angel)
Kerry King/Jeff Hanneman (Slayer)
Phil Fasciana/Jon Rubin (Malevolent Creation)
Waclaw "Vogg" Kieltyka (Decapitated)
John Gallagher/Sparky Voyles (Dying Fetus/Misery Index)
John McEntee (Incantation)
Terrence Hobbs/Doug Cerrito (Suffocation)
Alex Hellid/Uffe Cederlund (Entombed)
Andreas Kisser (Sepultura)
Trevor Peres/Allen West (Obituary)
James Murphy (Death/Obituary)
Dimebag Darrell (Pantera)
Kamil/Tomek (Mutilation [Polish])

Linde from HIM(his infernal majesty) is an incredible guitarist. I noticed that him and Esa from Amorphis are actually pretty similiar guitarists and both use some similiar scales and you can tell right off both guitarists are from Finland, both are blending pop/rock/metal/doom and prog and very unique and talented.

Chuck wasn't a great lead player at all. His tone was bizarre, his feel was lacking and his technicality pales in comparison to most accomplished lead players. He was an awesome rhythm player though.

Fuck, I'm listening to "Fire & Ice" by Yngwie Malmsteen. I forgot how good this guy was back in the day :cool:

As for Chuck, he is undeserving of that high of a spot on the "accomplished" guitarist spot, but he had some cool riffs & some pretty sick rhythm chops I would say.

Fuck, I'm listening to "Fire & Ice" by Yngwie Malmsteen. I forgot how good this guy was back in the day :cool:

As for Chuck, he is undeserving of that high of a spot on the "accomplished" guitarist spot, but he had some cool riffs & some pretty sick rhythm chops I would say.

Yngwie = wanker

I don't care, man. I don't care where Chuck compares to who and technical wankery and bleek blarp bloing or whatnot. Chuck Rules!

Mathiäs;6719812 said:
Yngwie is terribly overrated. He can't write a decent song.

Yngwie revolutionized guitar & he writes some great songs.

Chuck is aight, but I've been playing guitar for a long time. It's much more difficult to put things in context like Yngwie than it is to write stuff like Chuck. Chuck was very talented no doubt, but even I'm sure he would have told you that Yngwie was a better player.

Some of you rate mostly old guitarists that formed the genre Metal.
I think we should rate guitarists from nowadays.
Christopher Amott (ArchEnemy) & Alexi Laiho (Children of bodom)
I like these two best not only because of their music but of their image

_ۣۣۜۜAŘÇђ-€N€M¥;6725580 said:
Some of you rate mostly old guitarists that formed the genre Metal.
I think we should rate guitarists from nowadays.
Christopher Amott (ArchEnemy) & Alexi Laiho (Children of bodom)
I like these two best not only because of their music but of their image

I think your the most pathetic human being alive. Scratch that, I KNOW it.

Fucking scene kid.