Your Favourite Metal Guitarist

Randy Rhoads.
Dimebag. More so his sound than his ability, it's a sound I really like in guitar.
Iommi of course.
Akerfeldt.
Alexi Laiho, if he didn't make CoB unlistenable by singing.
Mark Morton and Willie Adler, for having a seamless connection.
Ad nauseum, I can't really think of any others.

Randy Rhoads.
Dimebag. More so his sound than his ability, it's a sound I really like in guitar.
Iommi of course.
Akerfeldt.
Alexi Laiho, if he didn't make CoB unlistenable by singing.
Mark Morton and Willie Adler, for having a seamless connection.
Ad nauseum, I can't really think of any others.

I would agree with all that, Alexi is a great shredder.

Plant has said himself that he always hated Led Zeppelin being called metal.

Fall Out Boy hates being called gay, does that mean they're not gay? :lol:

What we were trying to tell you is that Heavy Metal didn't originally mean what it means today. The definition of Heavy Metal has changed, we go by the old one, you go by the new, and neither can say the other is wrong.

So by the new definition of Metal, no Zeppelin is not Metal.

But by the old, yes they are.

My favorite guitarist, without a doubt, is Roope Latvala. He has written some of the greatest riffs of all time, and can play solos to match.

For me, I'd have to say:

Jari Maenpaa (Wintersun/Ensiferum)
John Haughm (Agalloch)
Don Anderson (Agalloch)
Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)

Mark Morton, Dave Mustaine, Jeff Hanneman, Dime, Michael Amott, and of course...Skqisgaar Skwigelf and Toki Wartooth!

Aside from Tony Iommi , Piggy was an excellent choice for a favorite..R.I.P.

King Diamond's guitarists have always been Top-Notch!

Nile are NOT my favorite band, but few guitarists play faster and tighter than Karl and Dallas.

In terms of songwriting ability, I don't know who my favorite guitarists are. Maybe Alex of Arghoslent/Grand Belial's Key or Ciaran of Primordial.

I thought Destructhor played the lead parts. But they may have been written by Samoth. Zyklon's guitar-work closely resembles Myrkskog, the band which Destructhor leads.

I think that Samoth has written the parts. I wanted to ask you this before, is Myrkskog worth checking out?

I think that Samoth has written the parts. I wanted to ask you this before, is Myrkskog worth checking out?

Yes, especially if you like Zyklon. Destructhor plays guitar and vocals while Sechtdamon drums. Their first album Deathmachine is industrial black metal while their latest album Superior Massacre is blackened death metal. Definitiely worth checking out.

Nile are NOT my favorite band, but few guitarists play faster and tighter than Karl and Dallas.

In terms of songwriting ability, I don't know who my favorite guitarists are. Maybe Alex of Arghoslent/Grand Belial's Key or Ciaran of Primordial.

I am not a massive Nile fan, I dont mind them from time to time but I need to agree with Karl Sanders, very good guitarist, there are only a few bands with better musicianship than Nile around as a whole minus the vocals.