Your Favourite Metal Guitarist

I wouldn't imagine doing the vocals and guitar would be easy but it isn't impossible, Akerfeldt does it well, I just think if Karl cant pull off decent screams playing the band should find a vocalist.

I am not a massive Nile fan, I dont mind them from time to time but I need to agree with Karl Sanders, very good guitarist, there are only a few bands with better musicianship than Nile around as a whole minus the vocals.
Yes. However, I like Nile a lot, but they are not my favorite band. I'm hard pressed to think of guitarists that play faster and more cleanly than Karl and Dallas, but I can think of bands that have better song writing in that the riffs have more "feeling." Nile's vocals don't bother me at all, and I think they fit. On another note, this summer I listened to Ithyphallic so much that I got sick of it. Being a guitarist, I can really appreciate the super tight, fast guitarwork.

Shit,I forgot to put down Thomas Gabriel Warrior:zombie:

oh yeah,and the guy from Destruction,I forget his name but he's fucking amazing

Yes. However, I like Nile a lot, but they are not my favorite band. I'm hard pressed to think of guitarists that play faster and more cleanly than Karl and Dallas, but I can think of bands that have better song writing in that the riffs have more "feeling." Nile's vocals don't bother me at all, and I think they fit. On another note, this summer I listened to Ithyphallic so much that I got sick of it. Being a guitarist, I can really appreciate the super tight, fast guitarwork.

I love it when the guitars are heavily harmonized but still have a heavy edge, www.myspace.com/belakor is a good example, stuff like Dark Tranquility as well. Fast and tight can be great as well, I love what Dino Cazares does with his palm muting, and I agree, Karl and Dallas are awesome guitarists.

Esa Holopainen
Anders Nyström
Gregory Mackintosh
Mikael Åkerfeldt
Dan Swanö
Gaz Jennings
Vito Marchese,Larry Roberts
John Haughm
Jerry Cantrell, more of a metal guitarist early in AiC.

Lately I have really been liking Kenny Hickey from Type O Negative. I have a lot of favorite guitarists and generally there are some specific ones that are generally consistant.

I also hate shitty guitarist more than anything and ones that obviously do not really practice. I also get annoyed by people that think that because you play guitar like Stevie Ray Vaughan and Yngwie Malmsteen.

I also want to point out that a lot of death metal and black metal guitarist suck.

Randy Rhodes
Brent Hindes and Bill Kelliher(Mastodon)
Mattias Marklund(Vintersorg)
James Hetfield
Mikael Akerfeldt

Mustaine is twice the guitarist Hetfield could ever dream to be and I would much radther hear mustaine sing than Hetfield any day. I still cant get over the fact that you put technical riffs and metallica in the same sentence :puke: . I like metallica but they dont compare to megadeth :kickass:

^Isn't Michael Romeo the freak w/ those gay guitars? Good guitarist but It doesn't get much cheesier than that dude.

You're talking about Michael Batio. Romeo is the guitarist for Symphony X

Batio
mikequad.jpg

Romeo
armichaelromeo.jpg