your games

How could I forget? An old-ish game based on the Doom engine, I think, called Realms of the Haunting. I've raved about it elsewhere, essentially it's an adventure/shoot-'em-up with a great storyline, and when I last played it it was damn scary with a great atmosphere and soundtrack. I must find it somewhere, I really want to play it again.

rahvin said:
yeah, i guess we went the same way (and i don't mean through black crypt :p): c64/amiga/pc. my mom started using computers rather early, so it always seemed natural to have one at home. me being at the time quite the introvert, i would easily choose sitting in front of my machine over cavorting in the sun with the other kids. somehow i avoided becoming a geek. most of the other kids didn't avoid winding up in jail. :D

yes my story is quite similar... i had an uncle to blame for my passion for computers, my mother to this day still thinks that "those pc-thingies" eat babies :D...
i've not become a geek, but i've become a computer engineer, and i'm not sure which is worst...:err:

Some of my all-time favourites:
The Civilization series is certainly one of the best. I play Civilization III - Conquests occasionally with my friends over the internet nowadays. Great fun.

Day Of Defeat must be my favourite online FPS of all time. It's a well made mod for Half-Life (which is rare).

Half-Life 2 is also worth a mention. Beautiful and really fun to play, the athmosphere is great. Somewhat linear in a way but it didn't bother me.

Dungeon Crawl is one of those games without the need for good graphics. Every game will be a different story, as you can start the game with different characters and evolve through the game as you prefer until you die or manage to retrieve the Orb of Zot and leave the dungeon alive (not an easy task, I've never even found the orb). This game is quite similar to nethack but much better in my opinion.

Fallout 2. Nothing more to say. :p

I also like small logic and puzzle games (and so on) such as Supaplex, Elasto Mania, WAtomic

The games I hate:
- all kinds of manager games
- almost all of the sportsgames (especially the EA ones)
- games with a predictable, obvious plot
- card games
- slot-machine games and such (seriously, what the fuck?)

When I'm at my computer:
- there's music playing on the background most of the time
- I watch some series regularly, mostly comedy and scifi. Sometimes I watch movies.
- I go through news feeds and interesting sites
- IRC

Well that's about it. :err:

Let's see, I've been gaming for ages, since I was like 12 or so, but I don't really
remember much of those games. The first really great games I remember were
Master Of Magic and Warlords (and later the sequel). MOM is still on my list of
best games ever.

Of the newer games, Morrowind, Operation Flashpoint (tho Resistance really, really
sucks ass) and GTA series are the ones I remember best. Of course there is games
like System Shock 2, Deus Ex and a bunch of others I like.

BTW, I really hate the RTS genre these days. Silent Storm is the only game
worth playing, it actually has the S part in it too ;)

I've played countless games on all sorts of systems. The greatest ever for me were:

The original Resident Evil. It was an amazing video game on so many levels.

Doom, Doom II, Ultimate Doom simple but very entertaining (especially when played 2-player on 2 TVs). In fact, none other game of similar genre is as fun playing as the Doom games were. Not Half-life, not Quake, not anything.

The Command & Conquer series of games. Waging a single war against my best friend often took upwards of 6 - 8 hours at a time. Incredibly fun.

The Lara Croft, Tomb Raider series. I played and enjoyed every single one of them.

And I have always enjoyed a good match of any and all Mortal Kombat games against another person.

As for old games, the Castlevania series, the Mega Man series, Earthworm Jim...

Okay, moving away from PC games then.

ZX Spectrum: Millionaire (a business strategy game), Football, Tracksuit Manager, Hungry Horace Goes Skiing, Excalibur, Dustin, Target Renegade, Barbarian, Dizzy Egg (I think it was called...), Monty Mole... ah, too many great games.

Master System: Alex Kidd, and Wonder Boy in Monster Land was a fantastic game, I used to love it.

SNES: Zelda: A Link to the Past and Earthworm Jim 2 were the best by far. Also Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Madden '93, and most likely loads more I'm forgetting right now.

N64: Goldeneye had such a brilliant one-player game, and Perfect Dark had that plus an amazing multiplayer. Zelda: Ocarina of Time was fantastic, Lylat Wars was great, Mission: Impossible was good too, and Mario Kart 64 was alright but not as good as the SNES version. And here we have the two worst games I've played - Mario 64 and MRC, the latter being a racing game with so little depth that I finished it in its entirety within a few hours.

Salamurhaaja said:
I would venture a guess at The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion :p

Ah oblivion, the game will probably send my current pc parts to oblivion so i might need a new rig by then. Then again when morrowind came out not even the most mighty pcs could run it properly ( and even today it still presents a fairly heavy challenge to even the best pcs around if you throw all the mods and use megaresolutions ).

The graphics on oblivion look scarey because of the horsepower that will be needed. Then again i seriously doubt it will be ready for xmas of the present year, the game will be delayed at least 1 full year

Misanthrope said:
The graphics on oblivion look scarey because of the horsepower that will be needed. Then again i seriously doubt it will be ready for xmas of the present year, the game will be delayed at least 1 full year

I agree, it looks scary, but also quite amazing.

As for hardware needed, they did say it will appear on next gen consoles,
but didn't specify which ones. Now if the rumors are even close to the truth,
that would mean multi-processor with next gen+ graphics cards, so I have a
feeling we will all upgrade (let's face it, you want this on PC for mods.).

And no, I don't think it will be coming out in 2005, end of 2006 will be more
likely, since I doubt they mean XBox 2 with next gen consoles, even tho that
is supposed to be quite a powerhouse as well.

Along with Oblivion I am waiting for Operation Flashpoint 2 (no idea when it's
coming out, but it has been announced to be in development.) and Stalker.

I love games and have been playing for near 10 years now. Here it goes:

Best RPG) Xenogears
Best FPS) Halo 2 / Half-Life 2 (can't pick just one)
Best Action RPG) Legend of Zelda - Link to the Past
Best Action Adventure) Devil May Cry
Best Platformer) Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
bah ill stop this list. I like games and there are tons o good ones i won't be able to mention with a "my favs" list.

@ the posts above me:
Yeah Oblivion is going to require quite the system to run it smoothly. Everyone just updated (at least I did) in order to run Doom 3 and Half Life 2 to their full potential, and I think that with Oblivion's release it will be no different. Oh and I heard that Oblivion would be released for Xbox 2 or whatever they plan to call it.

The Don said:
@ the posts above me:
Yeah Oblivion is going to require quite the system to run it smoothly. Everyone just updated (at least I did) in order to run Doom 3 and Half Life 2 to their full potential, and I think that with Oblivion's release it will be no different. Oh and I heard that Oblivion would be released for Xbox 2 or whatever they plan to call it.

I haven't upgraded my system for a while, but I am running Radeon 9600,
so it serves me fine, D3 didn't look impressive, but it's a boring ass game
anyway, HL2 looked good enough as it has more than graphics to impress.

As for Oblivion, until they change their FAQ to reflect the systems, I won't
believe anything:
What does 'future generation consoles' mean?
It refers to video game consoles that aren't yet available, or even
announced.

Source: Oblivion FAQ

As for the hardware:
What are the PC system requirements?
We don't know at this time, but it will certainly look the best on the latest
hardware available when the game is released.

Multiple core processors are around the corner, Oblivion is quite possibly designed for one of those, not to mention maybe even dual videocards too you are right.

Shit i need a job asap, otherwise i wont be able to get married AND buy a good enough pc for oblivion.

The Don said:
@ Salamurhaaja: I guess I was wrong. Either way, do they even have the slightest idea of a release date in mind?
Nope.

What's the release date?
We haven't announced a release date yet and don't plan to do so for a while.

And as I was trying to say, before this bitch of a board decided to die again,
who knows, it might be on XBox 2. Morrowind was on XBox after all. Of course
this time, they have an option in PS3 as well and most likely it will be more
popular than XBox 2. Of course Oblivion is most likely not going to be released
in Asia, which makes that a bit less of an issue.

Time will tell.

Lately I've been playing Doom 3, Half-Life 2, FarCry, Need For Speed: Underground 2, Neverwinter Nights: Shadows Of Undrentide, Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn Of War.

I also spend some time online, playing mostly Urban Terror (a total conversion for Quake 3 -> http://www.urbanterror.net .. like CamperStrike really, but it requires skill :p) and Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. A bit of Diablo 2: Lord Of Destruction too, but I'm pretty fed up with that.

My favourite games of all times.. hmm..

My favourite single-player fps (first-person shooter that is, although it's much more than that) has to be Deus Ex. As for multiplayer, I'd go with Quake 3.

My favourite rpg: Gothic 2.

My favourite adventures: Monkey Islands and Broken Swords.

Well, that's all I can think of right now.

Yea I think I've also enjoyed Fallout more than any other game I've played...on another note I bought Fable for xbox a couple weeks ago and it was probably the least enjoyable gaming experience I've ever had