music for your funeral

Malaclypse

Oct 18, 2001
i know, i asked this question a lenghty while before, but since my preference on the topic has changed and lots of new people have come here, i will post it again: which music would you like to have played on your funeral?
now i'd go with the doors: "the end" most probably

at the gates - the flames of the end.

perhaps i replied in the same way last time it was asked.

the other option would be something humorous, possibly mr. t experience's "you're the only one". :)

rahvin.

not metal, I know, but.......my pick is the Dead's cover of "Sing Me Back Home"....I love the Dead as much as any metal. Merle Haggard wrote that song in jail for a fellow prisoner being led to his execution. some of the Dead's 1972 renditions of the song are breathtaking.

for metal -- I'd have to think about it....."Hallowed Be Thy Name" maybe?

Maiden for sure! Gotta make my funeral as painless as possible for those in attendance -- most of my friends can at least tolerate Maiden (they all grew up with 80's metal to some degree), but let's face it.....Dani's shrieks are definitely an acquired taste for most people! :eek:

at a funeral of a friend: Iced Earth-watching over me
at my funeral (sad version): Dt-the mind's eye
at my funeral (happy version): Iron Maiden-blood brothers

:cool:

Hmm, for me..

My Dying Bride - For My Fallen Angel, cos I liek it really much, or.. Enya - May It Be.. Not really metal, no..
Hmm.. Day To End, maybe?
Maybe some harder songs, just to annoy the people on my funeral. (Theyre prolly there only to check if I really am dead anyway..)
I'm gonna think about this a bit longer.. My taste (...) is still changing.