Your least favorite Opeth album?

I love all Opeths albums and songs-it is hard to find weakness or fault in my opinion...i love all of them individually as..."movements".

1. Still Life = :worship:
2. MAYH
3. Ghost Reveries
4. Blackwater Park
5. Morningrise
6. Orchid
7. Damnation
8. Deliverance

I REALLY do like all the albums, though.

I do wish the bass was louder on Still Life, but it's not that bad. Blackwater Park is the best for Bass imo ..

I say MAYH was the BEST in bass, for sure. Damn, that album seriously pummels everything else they have ever done. You REALLY notice this on suuround receiver.

It's funny how people respond and complain about others' posts, yet I bet 80% of the fans love *all* albums and have a hard time saying something is their least favourite.

i dont hate Morningrise or Orchid. i just find them really weak in comparison to the rest. and i LOVE deliverance.

Ghost Reveries i think

My list from best to worst goes like this (i guess)

MAYH
Deliverance
Blackwater Park
Orchid
Morningrise
Still life
Damnation
Ghost Reveries

^ lol at this guy :D

Just curious... Is there any Opeth album you like?

EDIT: of course by the term 'this guy' I mean The Hubster ;)

:Wreath: said:
^ lol at this guy :D

Just curious... Is there any Opeth album you like?

EDIT: of course by the term 'this guy' I mean The Hubster ;)

Of course there is! Everything up to Blackwater Park is a stunning piece of art.

'Of course there is! Everything up to Blackwater Park is a stunning piece of art.'

So you like Still Life and think Ghost Reveries is utter shit ?? Now that's rich :D You might consider getting rid of the wax in your ears bro... Oh wait, I remember you from the sell out posts! So I take that back... I'm sorry but you cannot be helped :( It's more of a brain thing you know...

He's entitled to his opinions, just as we are to ours. I tend to wonder, when looking back, what exactly people see in the old catalogue that isn't there presently. Ghost Reveries is, musically, so much more mature than the first two albums that it's hard to believe that the same band put all 3 out. My view is that a lot of people cling onto the old stuff for sentimentality's sake.

Having said that, Still Life is still my favourite Opeth album.

Moonlapse said:
He's entitled to his opinions, just as we are to ours. I tend to wonder, when looking back, what exactly people see in the old catalogue that isn't there presently. Ghost Reveries is, musically, so much more mature than the first two albums that it's hard to believe that the same band put all 3 out. My view is that a lot of people cling onto the old stuff for sentimentality's sake.

Having said that, Still Life is still my favourite Opeth album.

Well said again dude. If someone can't enjoy GR enough and call it rushed or crap, etc, then how the fuck do you take in the other albums? I don't get it.

And as for Orchid and Morningrise, great albums musically, but the way the songs are structured, I don't like it. 20 riffs thrown into one track at a time with none of those riffs being repeated throughout the song. Yeah, may seem ok to some, but you gotta at least repeat one or two riffs. That helps make the song. Just a whole bunch of riffs crammed into one track is more like showcasing to someone all the material you have written but haven't put them into a song yet. And some of the tracks on Orchid and Morningrise, some have breaks between riffs because the songs change. Just makes some songs seem like its 3 songs thrown into 1 track. Meh.

I have found elements from all the Opeth albums on GR. Not exactly Orchid moments, but close enough. Harlequin Forest has elements in it that could fit on a Morningrise song definitely. And some tracks on GR have more variations in them than any song since Morningrise. Thats where I find the Orchid/Morningrise comparisons there.

GoP could easily go with Blackwater Park, as TGC could go with Deliverance. And the soft tracks, of course they could go with Damnation. I also think that the clean/acoustic parts on here are Opeth's best work since Still Life and Mikaels clean vocals are his best yet to. I didn't think he could top Damnation.

Anyways.

Ikil