Your most embarrassing thread or post?

I posted so much cringe on my first account on this forum (ca 2006) that I had to make this account to wash away the shame. Even then, I've had some embarassing moments like getting into multiple cringy arguments with JGMetalhead (before we realized he was mentally challenged). I think I also posted a thread asking if anyone knew of a black metal band with all black members. The forum collectively called me an idiot.

I think my cock is online somewhere but I'm not really embarrassed. It involved lettuce or something.

My most embarrassing thread was this one. What was I thinking? What makes it even more miserable is the fact that the thread remained perpetually unanswered. :tickled:

A solid two-thirds of my posts are probably embarrassing, as I did the majority of my posting as an angsty teen my first couple of year on the forum (viewerfromnihil). Melding real life and forum life, I did the UM MDF meet-up in 2009 in which we all pooled money together for a hotel and slept like 8-10 per hotel room. I was 16 at the time. I certainly wasn't inexperienced at drinking at the time, but my experience of drinking consisted almost purely of binge-drinking with other 16 year-olds at a friend of mine's whose parents were crackheads and whose mom was also a raging alcoholic. Visits there basically consisted of debauchery and calling his mom a cunt when she starting screaming at us because we wouldn't give her alcohol--a couple of times she'd stolen liquor from us and guzzled down a good portion of the bottle. To give you a picture of how debauched this shit was, one time she started screaming and yelling at us to give her booze. I pissed in a glass, filling it up half-way, and stuck it in the freezer til it got cold. When cold, we filled the other half with liquor, gave it to her, and she guzzled it down and asked for another. So I filled another, but with only a quarter full of liquor, and gave it to her warm. Didn't stop her.

Anyways, I brought that to the in-crowd of yester-year at MDF and made an ass of myself in-person to most of the old regulars on the board, getting super-drunk, breaking stuff in the hotel, turning up in the hotel room at 4AM after everyone was already passed out. One of the nights, I turned up right after having chased down some guy who stole my friend's wallet, and got back dropping the N-bomb left and right. The next night, I bumped into Chris Reifert right outside of the hotel room at 4AM and buzzed about that a bit afterward. There's quite a lot more, but in any case the old in-crowd didn't let me live it down.

The only thing I've had recently that could be considered embarrassing is a thread I drunkenly made a couple of years back, Disappointment and Expectation, but I have zero shame about that one. I remember thinking when I wrote it, CiG is going to fucking hate this chick, and he quickly confirmed it.

That was the 2010 year IIRC. In your defense, we were all a bunch of fucking squares back then. A lot of that is pretty extreme, you seemed pretty normal if just a typical heavy metal teen. I'm probably crazier now than I was when I was 21.

That was the 2010 year IIRC. In your defense, we were all a bunch of fucking squares back then. A lot of that is pretty extreme, you seemed pretty normal if just a typical heavy metal teen. I'm probably crazier now than I was when I was 21.

I'm pretty sure it was 09', when Bolt Thrower, Atheist, Abscess, Asphyx, Pestilence, Mayhem, Immolation, Brutal Truth (holy shit, I could keep going) played. There was a group pic from that year on one of the old threads, but the photo Nikki posted is down. Good old ~gr~ is in it and he seemed to disappear from the boards not long after. I'll have to check to see if I saved it somewhere. In '10 I was pissed off at the GMDers over picking on me, so I organized a hotel with a group of my friends instead. I stayed with the GMDers another time for one night in either '11 or '12 (edit: scratch that, it was '13) and me and my buddy badgered Jeremy over Plato or something dumb like that in between gulping down Natty Bohs. But yeah, I've definitely calmed down a bit since I was a kid. Granted, I can drink more and consume more substances than I could then and am often perceived by the poshy stuck-up upper-middle class academic types I surround myself as eccentric at best though more often as broken, but now I can hold my shit and avoid getting stabbed and/or arrested while I'm out and about (meanwhile I spent my semester before my stay in Europe going to bed at 8PM and waking up at 4AM to be at the office by 6 everyday like a good little stiff).

Last edited:
Reactions: Onder
name every poster there thx

I can remember all but two. From left to right: My friend (not a board member), me, genocide_roach, seedsofvengence, Nikki, can't remember this guy exactly but I want to say cook-ta?, Grant, V5, Cookie Cutter, @Zephyrus , and the last guy I think was a friend of one of the other posters.

Why Zephyrus is no longer around? He was a good guy.

He gave up his moderator duties when he started getting too busy with his PhD program. Like many others who've left, it's a mix of too busy with other things and loss of interest with the boards. He still lurks occasionally.

Damn. That’s nuts. I've met 5 of those people in that picture irl. Haven’t been around as long as you guys but it’s amazing some of you still post. This forum was definitely poppin’ Back then it seemed.

I'm not posting specifics but I used to huff solvents and you all got to enjoy the results.

And now I get to enjoy visual processing errors, sleep problems, depression, fucked up speech, and an inability to focus. It was way more fun for the people here making fun of me.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
The only one I can think of is Living Colour, amiriteguise?!

What about actually good bands like Black Death and Sound Barrier? Only poseurs don't know about them.

Black Death is literally from your home state.