your ONE desert island album!

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Forget the top 10! You are stranded Tom Cruise "Castaway" style on a deserted island for life! Miraculously, you have a cd player and a lifetime supply of batteries (maybe even Pam Anderson was stranded on there with you? while we're dreaming here...) but only ONE cd!!!!!!!! For life! What would it be?!?!?! Think long and hard. It's gotta get you through the rest of your life!

Mine would have to be Ozzy Osbourne's Blizzard of Ozz. This is the album that showed me that it was ok to like more bands than one (KISS) and got the ball rolling all the way into the wild and wooly world of metal. I have loved this album since about age 10 and have bought several copies over the years on vinyl, cassette, and cd because I wear them all out. I will never ever tire of this album and it always reminds me of just how great OZZY once was. ( I still love the guy, but even Zakk can't bring the chemistry he and Randy had...)

So let's hear your picks! And remember...DO NOT LIST MORE THAN ONE ALBUM!!!!! I know you all have millions of albums you love and it's hard to pick but let's see if we can find out who you REALLY love. Make a commitment, here!

love
Ted

My favorite metal band is Opeth, but since this an old school thread, I would have to say Iron Maiden Powerslave. It's crammed with melody, epic songs, and it would inspire me to make a crude guitar, and drumset out of whatever was on the island!! o_O

My old school choice would be Metallica's Master of Puppets and my newer choice would be Blind Guardian's Nightfall in Middle-Earth. Both have the peak quality of the bands who have recorded the albums and in my opinion, nothing else by the bands can match the two albums I listed.

I would have to say...

Voivod - Dimension Hatross

however if I had to answer this question without it being applied to a metal posting board, my answer would be....

Peter Murphy - Deep

shit thats a tough one. I've got it narrowed down to one of the three: Pride & Glory "s/t"; Zakk Wylde "Book of Shadows"; Dream Theater "Metropolis Part II: Scenes From A Memory."

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Hardest thread EVER!!!!!! I hate you, Ted!!!!

....whew, now that i got that outta my system.....i'm gonna have to go with...........

Kreator-Coma Of Souls. Why, you ask? Well, it's the greatest metal band to ever come out of Germany this side of Helloween, one of the best thrash bands EVER, and although Pleasure To Kill is my overall favorite Kreator album, Coma Of Souls have three of the hands-down greatest metal riffs ever in it, and those 3 riffs alone can entertain me for a lifetime.

P.S.: Damn you, Ted! :)

Wicked Child, for what it's worth, you've sold me on the Kreator album. That's the detail I was looking for. I've never even heard 'em and now I wanna track that cd down! I'm going to ebay right now....(though your damning and hating comments made me weep incessantly like a small girl!)
Ted

tedvanfrehley said:
Wicked Child, for what it's worth, you've sold me on the Kreator album. That's the detail I was looking for. I've never even heard 'em and now I wanna track that cd down! I'm going to ebay right now....(though your damning and hating comments made me weep incessantly like a small girl!)
Ted
Oh, don't cry Ted, it was the frustration talking, i swear! Here, have a tissue....

Anyhoo, i'm glad my fanboy blubbering has done GOOD for once! It's a great album. If you like old-school Slayer, you'd probably dig Kreator. And if you're wondering what those 3 great riffs i was talking about are...well, too bad1 you're just gonna have to find out yourself! :loco: