Your deserted island album?

J.DavisNJ

\m/
Nov 8, 2005
NJ, U.S.A.
You are traveling to a deserted island and plan on spending the rest of your life there. Which album would you take? It doesn't have to be metal, whatever!

For me:

Jeff+Buckley_grace.jpg

I listen to various types of music, but discovered this gem a couple of years ago and it has fought it's way up to my #1 album. It's hard not to feel the same pain, joy, happiness that Buckley exudes on this album. It's a masterpiece in my opinion. It's very sad how he passed away as well. It's amazing that one studio album left such a legacy behind.

What is yours?

-Joe

I would probably choose the WHITE ALBUM of The Beatles.

Why? Because of the multitude of different genres. Like for example:

* Psychedelia (Glass Onion, Piggies, Long Long Long)
* Rock ’n’ Roll (Back In The USSR, Birthday),
* Blues (Yer Blues, Why Don't We Do It In The Road, Revolution 1),
* Progressive Rock (Happiness Is A Warm Gun)
* Country (Rocky Raccoon, Don't Pass Me By),
* Folk (Blackbird, Mother Nature's Son, The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill),
* Ragtime (Honey Pie),
* Reggae (Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da),
* Hard Rock (Helter Skelter, Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey),
* Balladen (Julia, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Dear Prudence, Martha My Dear, I Will, Sexy Sadie, Cry Baby Cry, Good Night) und eine
* Avantgardistische Toncollage (Revolution 9).

It covers everything made so far (1968) IMO. AND it´s a double album ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_(album)

I love it!

Hell fucking yea. I love this album to death. I have all the tracks from the extreeeeeeemely rare "Til All Are One" version. I downloaded them years ago because the album is impossible to find to actually buy, otherwise I gladly would.

I was so impressed when I saw the video of To-Mera covering Autobot / Decepticon Battle live. Wish there was a better recording of their version.