Your deserted island album?

Great choice Joe, seriously fucking good choice.

Right now it'd probably be:
dowsing-web.jpg

Kayo Dot - Dowsing Anemone With Copper Tongue

Am I allowed a second?
altar_front.jpg

Sunn O))) & Boris - Altar

Great choice Joe, seriously fucking good choice.

Right now it'd probably be:
dowsing-web.jpg

Kayo Dot - Dowsing Anemone With Copper Tongue

Am I allowed a second?
altar_front.jpg

Sunn O))) & Boris - Altar

Nice choices! I caught a song or two from Kayo Dot a few weeks back when they opened to Secret Chiefs 3. Too bad we arrived late - I wanted to see more.

-Joe

Nice choices! I caught a song or two from Kayo Dot a few weeks back when they opened to Secret Chiefs 3. Too bad we arrived late - I wanted to see more.

-Joe

my buds seeing secret chiefs 3 in holland, night before some jazz festival
lucky cunt
i desperately want to see kayo dot though
Kayo and secret chiefs 3 in one night would probably just about make my head explode out of sheer awesome

my buds seeing secret chiefs 3 in holland, night before some jazz festival
lucky cunt
i desperately want to see kayo dot though
Kayo and secret chiefs 3 in one night would probably just about make my head explode out of sheer awesome

Nice! Honestly, I wasn't much into Secret Chiefs 3 when listening on the CD, but my buddy loved them. I decided to go along and was blown away! Really awesome performance. Their outfits are a trip too!

-Joe

Nice! Honestly, I wasn't much into Secret Chiefs 3 when listening on the CD, but my buddy loved them. I decided to go along and was blown away! Really awesome performance. Their outfits are a trip too!

-Joe

yeah man, i dont dig most of their albums, but check Book M if you haven't already. total masterpiece.
and yeah i really want to see them live.
that recently live dvd that they did blew me away when i watched it at my buds house
good shit
did they play their cover of the halloween theme tune when you saw em?

yeah man, i dont dig most of their albums, but check Book M if you haven't already. total masterpiece.
and yeah i really want to see them live.
that recently live dvd that they did blew me away when i watched it at my buds house
good shit
did they play their cover of the halloween theme tune when you saw em?

Yup!

They started out with the surf stuff and were dressed in secret service looking suits with sunglasses on.

Next set was their middle eastern style stuff which they came out dressed in robes similar to Sunn.

Last set was for their new album (I think??), where they dressed in horror/serial killer themes.

-Joe

awesome
the new albums pretty cool
listened to it while i was having a smoke the other day
loads of illuminati/masonic shit on the cover
good shit

I listen to various types of music, but discovered this gem a couple of years ago and it has fought it's way up to my #1 album. It's hard not to feel the same pain, joy, happiness that Buckley exudes on this album. It's a masterpiece in my opinion. It's very sad how he passed away as well. It's amazing that one studio album left such a legacy behind.

What is yours?

-Joe

I listen to mainly metal, but holy hell, Grace is beyond insanely good.
The guitar playing is absolutely stunning and often not talked about when people discuss this album. It's not technical but who cares?
It's subtle, it's nuanced, it's extremely creative and above all, extremely emotional. I'd rather take this kind of playing over most technical shred any day.

Not my desert island album, but a strong contender nonetheless.

These 3 are the most emotionally intense albums for me right now:

32593.jpg

roc.jpg

Between%20the%20buried%20and%20me%20-%20colors.jpg

I'd have to think about this for another 24 hours before I could pick, all 3 are some of the most brilliant pieces of music I've ever heard.

I listen to mainly metal, but holy hell, Grace is beyond insanely good.
The guitar playing is absolutely stunning and often not talked about when people discuss this album. It's not technical but who cares?
It's subtle, it's nuanced, it's extremely creative and above all, extremely emotional. I'd rather take this kind of playing over most technical shred any day.

Not my desert island album, but a strong contender nonetheless.

Glad to see another fan here!

Buckley actually had an insane chord vocabulary. If you listen to the "Live at Sin-e" sessions in particular, it's actually quite awesome. That type of stuff is definitely not easy to play! But yeah, I agree he is definitely underrated as a player too.

-Joe

+10000000 on the Star Wars soundtrack

choice number 2 would be Jamrioquais Best Off CD.
I would make my own booze (with coconuts) and party all day with sexy mermaids who are a hallucinations due to my alcohol abuse :kickass: