your ONE desert island album!

Wicked Child said:
Oh, don't cry Ted, it was the frustration talking, i swear!
Don't you dare to spare him that agony. That's exactly what he deserves for getting us in such trouble! :tickled: Hmmm, my pick would be Master of Puppets in Metal and Fireworks (Bonfire) in Rock. Btw I have the Coma Of Souls CD and I've always wondered why everybody is so into that one. I don't say it's a bad record. That just wouldn't be true. It's a strong album but in my humble opinion it's nothing compared to its predecessors Extreme Aggression, Terrible Certainty and Pleasure To Kill. What would be your 3 killer riffs?

i'm with the sarge and jonnyd-its gotta be master of puppets.no ,actually i've changed my mind.i'll take and justice for all instead.knowing my luck though,i'll think its and justice,open the cover, and find out that some fuckers put the st anger cd in the case instead.i just hope pammie was there in that case to entertain me!
btw-for me its extreme aggression over coma of souls.

baldyboy said:
i'll take and justice for all instead.
So you actually would rate ...And Justice For All higher than Master Of Puppets? Man, you're the first person I've ever met thinking so. I've heard fans vote for Kill 'em All, Ride The Lightning and even the Black Album. But never for the Justice record. What do you like so much about that one? I would agree on the fact that there are some killer songs on it. But the sound is so utterly soulless. It lacks some massive bass and therefore balls!

hmmm possibily Tankard - Chemical Invasion
should keep me amused for a while but i only have it on vinyl :p but i dont know too hard just the first album that came to mind...

Wicked Child said:
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Hardest thread EVER!!!!!! I hate you, Ted!!!!

P.S.: Damn you, Ted! :)

You got that right!!!!!

I'm just gonna throw one out there because if I think about this too long my head may implode. So my choice would be either Master Of Puppets of Ratt's Invasion Of Your Privacy. And I'll go with...... Invasion. If for no other reason than that album never gets old to me, and if I'm gonna be stuck on an island with Pam Anderson listening to that album will give me something to do..... because I sure won't be doing that nasty ass bitch. :yuk:

sarge,i just love the songs on that album.the lyrics are just killer to all the songs.thats one of the things that dissapointed me about post "and justice" stuff.the lyrics written after didnt grab me the same way as those before.i know there are lots of people who dont like the production on that album,but i do.i think it sounds really good.
basically, i never get tired of listening to it.thats the same with mop,but i'd choose justice.

Dammit lol somebody just had to mention Ratt :p Well lets just say for some reason I couldnt find My Master of puppets cd like before I left for this ummmmm trip I would grab Out of the Cellar Thats my alternate choice :p is that cheating?

hogghead said:
this is going to fuck you all off but whet the hell THE JAM all mod cons fuckin great album and i dont give a shit what any one thinks!!!!

WELL YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT I THINK HOGGHEAD???!!!!! I think that's a great choice, the early Jam recordings are fantastic. For that Engish Mod Punk sound I'd go with The Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady (just my opinion). I dig both bands though.

Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast. My first Metal album and still my favourite by them. It's just perfect, man! :D

Alternatively, I'd get one of those swanky CDs which you can burn loads of CDs onto and have loads of Maiden, Priest, ManOwaR with some Whitesnake, Rainbow, Deep Purple, M.S.G. and Helloween on it. Probably some Slayer too if it could fit :cool:

Until 2001 my answer would have been without much hesitation:
Fear Of God - "Within The Veil"
There´s no album to which I´ve listened more often. Especially the intensity of Dawn Crosby´s haunting vocals on this album is unique. Whispers, screams, groans, cries - she surely must have seen a lot of really bad things in her rather short life - perhaps also a reason why she had drunk herself to death at the age of 33. Can anyone sound more desperate than Dawn at the end of the final song "Drift"?
However, since 2002 there´s another album that I like at least as much as "Within The Veil", namely "Terrestrials" by Atrox. If I had to choose between these two now, I would pick "Terrestrials". The songs on "Within The Veil" already offer a lot of diversity, though they all convey a very dark atmosphere, but "Terrestrials" covers a musically wider range and I really do love the way Monika Edvardsen experiments with her voice without caring about what other people might think or say.

I know that "Terrestrials" isn´t "old school" and "Within The Veil" possibly isn´t either, so if the one desert island album has to be "old school", it will have to be Metallica´s "Ride The Lightning" then. (But as it is a deserted island, who should bother whether it´s "old school" or not anyway?)

I knew you all would hate me for the thread but what better way to bring out the best in people?!?! Now, of all the bands listed so far I gotta say the one that surprised me the most was RATT! I freakin' LOVE ratt just about as much as I love Pizza....so I'm gonna share a story here whether y'all like it or not. GREENO, this one is dedicated to you....I may have told this before but here goes...
One of my claims to fame....

A buddy and I went to see RATT at a club in Lexington KY a couple years ago. This place only holds about 500 people (sad that Ratt's carreer had gotten that low, but hey, Quiet Riot played a FREE show there because they couldn't see tix) anyway we're driving around looking for a parking spot when we see WARREN DEMARTINI getting off the bus going in the back door. We rush to park and go running after him. Just missed him, but he comes back out just when we'd given up! We say hey and that we're huge fans from back in the day and I had a copy of INVASION OF YOUR PRIVACY on VINYL just in case we met them after the show...he signs the lp and is nice as all hell. We were impressed. So I mention that I'm a guitar player and that I've never been able to play LAY IT DOWN just right. He's like, "are you serious...it's easy!" and runs inside the club. He comes back out with the RATTLESNAKE SKIN guitar that's in some of the videos. We about shit our pants. He shows me how to play it right there on the street corner and makes me play it on his guitar to see if I got it right. No shit! We were just freakin' the hell out. SIXXSWINE can verify this story because after all this, he goes inside and gives us a handfull of picks. I sent one to the mighty Swine. This was a great day. Later that night we met the band and even got to see them play the last song of the night (round and round!!!!!!) from backstage! The only way we worked that was that the show sold out and we couldn't get in so we hung out waiting to meet the band until the road manager took pity on us and let us in...again, this is a small club and their bus basically backed right up to the stage door. At the time the line up was Blotzer, Warren, Robbie Crane, and Pearcy. No second guitarist. (???) Pearcy was a dickhead except to the ladies...the other guys were cool and Crane was even telling funny Vince stories to anyone who asked...It was a GGGGREAT time for sure!

Just had to share that.

HOLY MOTHER!!!!!!!!!! Ted, that's a killer story!! Not only did you get to meet Warren but to actually get to play THAT guitar is mind blowing. Maybe it's just a thing with guitar players, but to us certain guitars are as famous as the guys who play them, and that snake skin guitar is one of them!! When I think of Randy Rhoads I think of the white flying-V or the white Les Paul.... when I think of George Lynch it's the ESP Kamikaze or Mr Scarey..... with Ace Frehley it's the black 3 pickup smoking Les Paul...... which I happen to have a little story about.

This is for you Ted, one guitar player to another. (not trying to top your story, that was killer!!)
Back in 1989 or so Plan13 was in a band that got to open up for Icon and Ace Frehley at a local bar. So being the good friend that he is I got to tag along as a roadie. So it's about 20 minutes before Plan13's band goes on and I'm walking around backstage hoping to meet Ace, which I never did (he showed up only in time to suck down some oxygen and hit the stage). However, a friend and I wander into this small room and set down on a couch to chill for a minute and in the corner is a black Les Paul on a stand and it's plugged into an electrical outlet! At first I'm thinking... "Hum, that's strange"... then 3 seconds later it kicks in, and I swear to God I heard a choir in my head singing ..."Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh"... :) I look to my friend and quietly said... "look, the Holy Grail".... We both just stared at it for a minute without talking. We were like 2 little kids daring eachother to touch it, we were scared shitless. So I get up the nerve and place my hand on the headstock just as this huge roadie (the real kind, not like my fake ass) walks in and yells "don't touch the fuckin' guitar", but it was too late, I'd already copped a feel. :) Now I'm sure Ace has more than one of these guitars (think I've even seen a sunburst one) but in my head that was the guitar I remember as a kid seeing him play during his solos, watching it blow smoke. He used it that night, filled that whole damn place up with smoke. His show that night was ok but Icon kicked major ass!!

I love old war stories, anyone else have some? Ted's blows mine away since he actually got to play that guitar!!!