Your screen name - and why

Confessor: A comic book character. Just look out for Astro City, one of the best series of comic book ever. (hey i was young and stupid at the time when i chose that nickname) :)
As for the why, i dont know it just sounded cool and the guy is cold and mysterious. Like me. :D

Human Life: The literal meaning is easy.

The instance: About 5 years ago, when i was stupidly using America Online, I was "hacked". He took my account, I took his handle. Simple.

Its the name of the last song on the greatest metal album ever made. Its a cool instrumental. also, it fis my personality and ideas.
Staying in one place is boring and i find that if you look around for better things, wander, you will find them. no idea is THE truth so i keep looking.

I've been using "Orchid" because it's the dearest Opeth album for me, and I've become accustomed to the nick for I've used it in the net for about four years. I used to spend quite a lot of time on the net, so it feels like a second name to me. ;)

I've made a few foreign friends over the net (two of whom have moved to Finland) and when I phone them I usually say "Hey, it's Orchid here", heh. :p

I considered using the nickname Orchid at various places but decided it sounds female...
But it works very well in an Opeth forum of course :)

Originally posted by Johan
I considered using the nickname Orchid at various places but decided it sounds female...
But it works very well in an Opeth forum of course :)

Yeah, tell me about it.. :p
This forum is pretty much the only place where it works the way it's supposed to... :heh:

The first time I saw the name Opeth, I wanted to know more. I bought the album, and didn't know what I was getting into. I just wanted to know what Opeth was. I'm glad I was drawn to it. I still wonder why the name alone got me to buy an album. That's not like me. I normally will do at least SOME reasearch before I buy an album. The name all by itself got me. So, maybe now you can see how the ROOT of the name catches my eye as well. I like the way it sounds. Opet. :)

Lynn

A little spin to make my surname sound suitable for a world class soccer player.
(soccer is still a little 'exotic' in Australian country towns)

All of my mates went to this trouble for online World Cup 98 contests, but mine kind of stuck.

It's fun reading what everyone's intentions were in naming themselves.

My name has a meaning as well, but it's kinda whacked.

Satori is a word that comes from japanese zen buddhism and it very literally means 'instance of non-awareness', that being, a brief flash of insight that is a little like a death in that it is lacking in the subject/object division that is inherent to the the human mind. It's a melding of self with the environment so the distinction is not longer apparent. For a split second it's like the mind completely shuts off and you feel and think absolutely nothing. It's kinda like willingly losing consciousness and then waking up again right after. I know that sounds bizarre but that's what it means, and the experience itself is even more whacky than the definition, hehe. The life of a freak.. :)

Satori