your thoughs on worship music

twally67

New Metal Member
Sep 11, 2011
hello all, i have been reading posted and wandering the net looking at reviews and takes on worship music and frankly i have a few bones to pick on here. first off I am 44 years old and has been a fan of metal and rock since i was exposed to my first black sabbath and rush album around 1978 so i have heard and seen allot over the years. lets face it music types and styles are the makings of the music industry, so for me it doesn't matter what style or type it is ........now listen carefully......, if it's good music that all that counts!!!!!! . the way music is done today (well actually for the last 20 years...LOL ) music has been treated like CORN. yea i said it ......CORN.... not the band but the food. it goes in one end and comes out almost undigested. i know it a sick and twisted way to explain it but that is the only way i could describe it......SORRY......NOT!!!!!. so here i sit and ponder going thru all my years of listening to music thinking..... how did they really review music back in the day?????then i remembered when i lived in new jersey.....yes the swamp.... actually from old bridge new jersey the birth of thrash metal next to san Fransisco ,ca.. i recalled a radio station 102.7 to be exact used to do an album listening party and review where the entire album was played on the radio and each track was fully digested and reviewed .so i figured i would do this old school ............. read part 2 .

hello all, i have been reading posted and wandering the net looking at reviews and takes on worship music and frankly i have a few bones to pick on here. first off I am 44 years old and has been a fan of metal and rock since i was exposed to my first black sabbath and rush album around 1978 so i have heard and seen allot over the years. lets face it music types and styles are the makings of the music industry, so for me it doesn't matter what style or type it is ........now listen carefully......, if it's good music that all that counts!!!!!! . the way music is done today (well actually for the last 20 years...LOL ) music has been treated like CORN. yea i said it ......CORN.... not the band but the food. it goes in one end and comes out almost undigested. i know it a sick and twisted way to explain it but that is the only way i could describe it......SORRY......NOT!!!!!. so here i sit and ponder going thru all my years of listening to music thinking..... how did they really review music back in the day?????then i remembered when i lived in new jersey.....yes the swamp.... actually from old bridge new jersey the birth of thrash metal next to san Fransisco ,ca.. i recalled a radio station 102.7 to be exact used to do an album listening party and review where the entire album was played on the radio and each track was fully digested and reviewed .so i figured i would do this old school ............. read part 2 .

You are 44? Did you graduate elementary school?

The album isn't in stores yet. It is not possible to review a tape that is not yet on shelves... there sometimes are listening parties on the radio.. our local station here doesn't have much anthrax on it, unfortunately

OK here is the skinny..... i pre ordered Worship music but i couldnt wait so i did what some have already done found it on the net and checking it out...sorry... and now the review track by track.....

Track 1 Worship:
i could only guess here but it set the theme of the whole album with its infectious chants and effects to get you ready to ....well i guess Worship Music. simple and straight forward.
Track 2 Earth On Hell:
This song is a strong reminder of what anthrax is all about but this time around sonically it takes off where persistence left off with the difference as where as before it kinda seemed like Joey's vocals were shoe horned into the songs but this time the fit is perfect .
Track 3 The Devil You Know:
This song is more of the anthrax we know....i would say State Of euphoria like. or among the living era... but more up to date.
Track 4 Fight'em Till You Cain't:
OK just like before it's anthrax .... just along the lines of I'm the law , Medusa , Skeletons in the closet harking back to Among the living and Spreading the disease. but again more mature and up to date. i personaly think it's rob's addition here face it he's different and in some ways better than dan spitz here.
read on to part 3 if you care....LOL

Track 3 The Devil You Know:
This song is more of the anthrax we know....i would say State Of euphoria like. or among the living era... but more up to date.

Would love to know which song on Among The Living is anything remotely close to this song. There are no radio/rock songs on Among The Living. It's pure Thrash Metal.

'your' review is just a copy of an already published review, right?

"This song is a strong reminder of what anthrax is all about but this time around sonically it takes off where persistence left off with the difference as where as before it kinda seemed like Joey's vocals were shoe horned into the songs but this time the fit is perfect."

i think i've read it before.

Track 5 I'm Alive:
Now we get to something a little different. i would say its a straight up rock song here. very hook and music driven song. i would say a good radio song (no real editing needed) nowhere have i heard anthrax sound like this but it's good none the less. but on the one note you could hear joey singing more to the low end here proof that whether its bush with his hard and heavy singing or joey with his melodic higher vocal range its all good anthrax...
Track 6 and track 9 Hymn 1 and 2:
I know i said in track order but these are just fillers so to speak giving a break up the album (you'll see when and if you heard the album) . i guess they used it like the way you break a song into 2 parts a changeover so to speak.it give the album a spiritual nature.
Track 7 In The End:
now we're getting somewhere.... this is a song or as i like to say an anthem if there ever was one. this song live will be a killer.... this is anthrax moving to a new level where they haven been but should be....a full mix of the old anthrax and new. dark yet melodic, a bold rich song pumped up and majestic, that is a true anthem. dime and ronnie would be proud.
Track 8 The Giant:
this song is a straight up mosh song ....another killer to see live... its like stomp442 meets among the living . but again a better more improved sound and feel.
Track 10 Judas Priest:
this song feels like Medusa and NFL and antisocial and WCFYA collided into a killer song with cool priest references.
Track 11 Crawl:
i have to take a min here...............OK done............ all i have to say is DAMMMMMMMMM joey sounds amazing here a real up to date song no old anthrax here musically and vocally a masterpiece. anthrax definitely breaks their mold if not puts definite cracks into moving the band to a new and exciting direction.BTW i hope the little ending stays its kinda cool too.
Track 12 The Constant:
the same as before ......can you say it??? NEW ANTHRAX.... all new and definitely a good and exciting direction.
Track 13 Revolution Screams:
another killer song it all anthrax but at a new level experiencing this song live will be a treat.
Track 14 New Noise:
ok its at the end of track 13 well not actually at the end but almost 5 min later but i am giving it a track number.
this song is so cool i had to go and find the original done by refused. i heard that one and this one all i have to say is that anthrax took ownership of this cover like they do with all the covers they have done . joey makes it his own and kills it deader than a doornail!!!!!

Worship music to my opinion doesn't have a weak song on it and to their credit lands it right. but these are my thoughts so you all go ahead listen and let the world know what you think.......btw i know its b4 its out in stores but i remember when record stores would have in-store listening party's and ask the crowd what they thought of it and let the band know directly ...because besides the money and fame and girls and whatnot the bands enjoy the most is what their fans think of what they do and that in the long run makes it just that more enjoyable to them. i am looking forward to seeing theses songs played live.....all of them.

'your' review is just a copy of an already published review, right?

"This song is a strong reminder of what anthrax is all about but this time around sonically it takes off where persistence left off with the difference as where as before it kinda seemed like Joey's vocals were shoe horned into the songs but this time the fit is perfect."

i think i've read it before.

nope i didn't copy any review but if it sounds like one done already sorry its just what i felt about the song. and if it does it wasn't done intentionally

Would love to know which song on Among The Living is anything remotely close to this song. There are no radio/rock songs on Among The Living. It's pure Thrash Metal.

ok how about antisocial, skeletons in the closet , NFL , one world , shall i go on?????

But if it were they would have got hit single a couple years earlier...:)
Dunno what's the point of this posting...:)

T:)