Your Top 5 most anticipated releases of 2006

Led Opeth said:
whoops, i mixed them up with trivium....never heard of therion lol
Wtf is the big deal with Trivium? Not on these forums but on some other forums people were always raving about how great trivium is, and thats the only new band I would hear about last year. I downloaded some of their shit and they fucking suck. They're like hardcore pussy 'metal'. :puke:

The Gathering - Home
Satyricon - Now, Diabolical
Ihsahn - The Adversary

So far Katatonia's 'The Great Cold Distance' has been great. Darkthrone 'The Cult is Alive' has a couple really good songs, and I will probably like it more as time goes. (That happens a lot with Darkthrone for me. I didn't like Plaguewielder at all at first - that is, until I actually reached and listened to 'Wreak'. Now I like that album.)

Arsis
Control Denied
Symphony X
Celtic Frost
aaand I think there's going to be a new Summoning. If there is, throw that at the top.

Nobiss said:
Wtf is the big deal with Trivium? Not on these forums but on some other forums people were always raving about how great trivium is, and thats the only new band I would hear about last year. I downloaded some of their shit and they fucking suck. They're like hardcore pussy 'metal'. :puke:

^what he said

Hey if I was between the ages of 10 and 14 id be all over Trivium and their super-cool black nail polish :headbang:

:puke:

Say what you will about them, they are talented musicians, and even though I've only heard one song, it's really far from bad. I'm glad they're getting all this exposure, since I prefer watching them on MTV than most of anything else I see there.
If someone digs them, then there's no stopping them finding out about other bands, like Opeth, or any other band that also deserves attention.

The Gathering's new album 'Home' will be out in April 18 in the US from the End Records. They are doing a mini US tour now. I will see them in NYC on Tuesday. Anyone going to the show?

Keep Of Kalessin - Armada
Enslaved - Ruun
Tool - 10,000 Days
Agalloch - Ashes Against The Grain
Novembre - Materia
Satyricon - Now, Diabolical

I just got Orphaned Land -- Mabool. And it is great. Heard of them thru this forum.
So i am greatly looking forward to their new album...
Also new flaming lips
New Iron Maiden
New Slayer
New Metallica...to decide whether or not to listen to it...
New Rob Zombie

I have heard the new Evergrey and it's ok. nothing special for me...
I have heard the new Pyramaze and it's ok nothing special either...

But the new Moonspell is pretty damn good, I havent heard them before either so i have nothing to compare it to, but there is no industrial sound that some people didnt like on past albums.